“Segway Napa”

Napa Valley SegwayTours
Ranked #13 of 247 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Segway Napa's a unique fun way to glide through the history and vineyards of Napa Valley. Our family member tour glides have a passion for the history and land in this beautiful wine country. We have a tour that will suit you - Beyond Wine (Napa History), Yountville (taste wine and glide by a vineyard), or Napa Wetlands (River Trail). We also rent segways by the hour. Reasonable rates - check our facebook page for special pricing and tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I were in Napa for just a day while on business and visiting family in another CA city. We had done a Segway tour in Chicago and enjoyed it, so when we saw that Napa had several destinations for tours, we called them. We were able to set up a tour of the downtown Napa area with Gayle for the afternoon. Such fun! Gayle and her son, James, set us up with our "wheels" and off we went all around town. Gayle was full of information about the various sites in her city and we stopped to enjoy special "refreshments" during and at the end of our glide. We highly recommend getting to know Napa on one of the Segway tours. Choose the city or the wine vineyards on your next trip to this beautiful area. Thanks Gayle and James!!!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"food tour"
"lots of history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"glide"
in 13 reviews
"blast"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I had never been on a Segway, never been to Napa and never visited a winery before this tour. I one 3 hour Napa-Segway tour we knocked off all three things.

Let me start by saying we did the Yountville tour. If you've never been on a Segway no worries, these things are easy and we picked it up in 1-2 mins.

We started tour off around the graveyard/Veterans area in Yountville. Gale the tour operator gives you lots of history about the area, wineries, etc...A great way to learn about the area and the rich history of the region.

Next we glided down various back roads in the beautiful countryside surrounding Yountville. Gale gave us more wonderful historical tidbits and was quite knowledgeable about local plants, trees, wineries, etc.

Then we hit Goosecross Cellars for a very relaxed winetasting and were treated to some fantastic wines. We ended up buying three different bottles and had lots of room to carry them back with us in the pack-sacks that are attached to the Segway’s. The people at Goosecross were great and I will write up a separate review for them. After the tasting we sat out back next to the vineyards drinking wine and eating some great cheese and crackers that gale brought with her - lots of great conversation about the region and her time working at various wineries.

Afterwards, we glided back to Yountville.

A fun and great way to tour around, we will definitely be back and look forward to doing another tour with Napa Segway - highest marks!

4  Thank Calgary99
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My wife an I celebrated our 20 year anniversary last week. We took a couple days off in the Napa area. We don't drink wine, so we were looking at something to do. We found Segway Napa. Chelsea took us on a 2 hour tour of a couple wineries in the Yountville area. It was fantastic. If you've not tried a Segway, you have to do it!

1  Thank CheddarD
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We did the Yountvile tour and had a great afternoon tooling around in the fresh air or guide Gayle was full of little tidbits that kept the tour interesting and lively. Lucky for us we ended up at Goosecross Vineyard for a tasting and cheese on the patio! It was one of the best vineyards we visited and never would have found it without Gayle. Also!! Many thanks to Gayle for bringing the Grosscross goodies I left in the segway pouch over to our hotel the next day. ...I definitely recommend this tour if you're looking for something out of the norm. Our group of "50 somethings" loved it!!

1  Thank Prayl