“very unique experience”

Balloons Above the Valley
Ranked #2 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were kind of worried in the morning because of the weather, but we were very happy that we could still make it before it rained. All the staff were really nice and it was a very unique experience. You will be surprised at the amazing view of Napa that you can only see in the balloon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We met up at the Marriott Hotel and Spa in Napa to sign in, and I helped myself to some pastries and coffee while we waited for numerous other people to arrive. There were three 20-person balloons and one private balloon going up with us in this company alone, but out in the air we saw probably 15 other balloons rising up across the valley.

Initially I had invited my brother to join us, but he wouldn't because of his fear of heights. I'm glad he didn't come anyway though, because with his bad back he would not have been able to enter the baskets. The basket comes up to about my shoulders, and we had to use footholds in order to climb up and over them. Therefore: people with limited mobility would not be able to participate. Also, for the girls out there, I recommend not wearing a dress unless you have something on underneath!

It was a chilly, pleasant morning, and the heat of the burners were very comforting while they were on despite how noisy they were. When the burners were off and no one was talking, we experienced a serene silence over spectacular views of the valley. We scheduled the flight at a good time of the year, I think, because the summer had yet to turn the grasses brown: everything was still green and fresh. We didn't get quite as much silence as we wanted, though, because our pilot felt compelled to tell us the history of Napa Valley.

The hot air balloon cannot be steered, it is only carried in the direction of the wind. The only thing our pilot can control is altitude and rotation. So, as we were landing, some of us were panicking about it being on a sloping hill that looked cliff-like because all they could see were treetops. I couldn't see that side so I wasn't really frightened, but the crew on the ground grabbed a rope from our balloon and hauled us up the hill to a flatter surface to disembark. The crews weren't really used to us landing so far back from the road, so we had an unexpected but pleasant hike (girls, try not to wear high heels) on our way to the vans that would take us back to the hotel and a champagne brunch. A very pleasant morning!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I had always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon and my sister's birthday to Napa Valley was the perfect opportunity. Everyone we came into contact with was very pleasant and informative, from the moment we walked in for sign-in until the moment we left after our mimosa filled brunch buffet! I cant imagine a better hot air balloon ride. Russ, our pilot, was superb!!! Professionally kept us informed, entertained and laughing. I highly recommend this company. Great people, great experience!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

100% would recomend everyone to do this, it's a once in a lifetime experience and the crew are so nice and helpful. I would definetly repeat it. And if you are a little scared of heights it really isn't that bad, you don't even feal a thing as you are going up so it is as if you where on an IMAX but with a strangely freeing sensation. Really awesome.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

It was a wonderful experience for our family.
Excellent organization and delicious brunch.
I recommend it 100%.