“Fabulous experience for our 1st day in Napa”

Balloons Above the Valley
Ranked #2 of 23 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience for our 1st day in Napa”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Balloons Above the Valley was an amazing experience and well worth the money. My husband and I went on our first morning in Napa and it was the perfect way to start our trip. We had David as our pilot and he was fantastic!! We enjoyed the light breakfast before and champagne brunch after. Would definitely recommend this to people going forward!

CA, USA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful balloon rides above the Napa wine country valleys”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed the rides over the valleys of the Napa and saw the most gorgeous greens n the wine grapes. The ride was an hour long but due to the air carrying us further n further away we were unable to lend and thus enjoyed 30 more minutes of ride. The houses and schools and resorts/hotels looked so tiny from way up north. Close to the mountains and in the far distance could also see the bay of San Francisco. If you enjoy being in the air, then balloon rides is the best. The pilot was good too. Its a little bit pricey (may be a bit more for some people) but it was worth the price for the 1 hour (1:30 min for us) ride and then followed by the champagne brunch at the resort.

Would love to go there maybe once more.

1 Thank RUBY_110
Panama Province, Panama
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure, but wish it had been over Napa”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband really wanted to go up in a balloon while vacationing in Napa. I was more than willing and thrilled to share in his excitement and adventure. We were staying five minutes from the Marriott hotel where we were told to meet by 6:30 am. There was an abundance of pastries (muffins big and small, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, hot chocolate) and check in was quick. We signed the necessary papers ("in case anything happens" paper), and then we were told that due to the fog in the valley, we would be traveling to Winters, CA to catch our balloon. We had the option (and knew this ahead of time also) of waiting to ride a balloon later in the week or take the drive to Winters. We got on the van at 7:05 (we had many other plans for the rest of the week) and were assured that once over the bridge and out of the valley, the fog would lift. And it did. The ride is long. It is indeed 45 minutes (traffic/construction). The driver chatted if we had questions and told us a bit more about what to expect. Upon arrival, we were told we would be in Scott's balloon. It is amusing to climb over the basket (four feet above ground), but everyone helps out (and there are "stairs" so to speak). Yes, there were 16 of us in the basket, but I never felt crowded (four in each section with Scott in the middle firing up the balloon). I found it romantic, exciting, thrilling and a surprisingly smooth ride. The employees take pictures that you have the option of buying at the brunch ($20). We spent an hour up at 500-2000 feet. There were a few other balloons out there. Landing is interesting. Scott has to find a farm to land in. The van drivers get permission on land from the owner of the farm. The first farm owner turned our balloon away. The second one took pictures of us landing. We watched the collapsing of the balloon, took more pictures and headed the 40 minute drive back to the Marriott (since we had traveled toward the highway and away from our lift off sight, we were closer to the hotel by ten minutes). The brunch was excellent. Mimosas or just plain champagne or juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles (with toppings), breads, muffins, yogurt, cereal, granola and a lot more! It was a longer morning than we had anticipated since we couldn't fly over Napa, but it was worth the trip! Scott and all of the employees were professional and informative. I gave it a "4" because of the cost and not flying over Napa (only the fault of the fog and weather that morning). I would have liked flying up with more balloons (which I saw later in the week) adding to the excitement, and while the breakfast was just what I needed (!), it was another factor in the cost. Now that I have experienced a balloon ride with champagne brunch, my next ride will be just for the flying. I definitely recommend this company though--just go for it!

2 Thank AlliTC
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed...”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was thrilled when my husband told me he was taking me on a hot air balloon above Napa. Our hotel was only 5 minutes away from the meeting location, Marriott Napa, so being there by 6:15 am wasn't bad at all. Once there we were told that weather conditions weren't optimal so we would be driving 45 minutes to Winters.
Don't get me wrong, hot air ballooning was awesome, primarily because we had never done it before. It just wasn't the "amazing" experience I had expected.
While the experience was a bit romantic, it also felt like we were crammed in like sardines. Fortunately, we were placed in the corner of the gondola (wicker basket) and not in the middle like others..some of these balloons carry 16 people! Some people seemed uncomfortable.
I would advice men to bring a hat as the heat gets pretty intense during the flight.
Also, if you are told you will be flying over Winters and you have a few more days left in Napa, try to reschedule for another day. Winters, in our opinion, is nothing special to look at.

Tamarac, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This balloon company really does a fantastic job. Not only do they have the best price, but they really give you a nice experience. They give you a light breakfast of coffee and pastries before the ride while everyone arrives at the meeting hotel. Then they provide you with transportation to the balloon site. Our pilot was David and he was great! Very knowledgeable and very nice. After a nice smooth landing, they brought us all back to the hotel and provided us with a fully catered brunch that included mimosas! It was delicious, and a perfect way to end an amazing morning. I would definitely do this again!

2 Thank creativebeauty8