“Amazing and Incrediblen!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balloons Above the Valley

Balloons Above the Valley
Ranked #2 of 23 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
Helena, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing and Incrediblen!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you haven't taken a ride in a hot air balloon before, this is absolutely, positively the way to do it! Balloons Above the Valley in Napa, CA, were professional, obviously safety conscious, and gave us an amazing, incredible and absolutely unique experience. The views are incredible, the Napa Valley is beautiful - particularly from above (!) the pilot knew lots about the area, and pointed out the interesting sights as we passed over them, or they came into view. And, to top it all off, they served a very well done, and varied brunch, which is necessary, because you have to leave early, early in the morning to catch the right winds for launch. Thinking about a balloon ride, go to Napa, and go to Balloons Above the Valley ! Peter Strauss, Helena, MT

Napa, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a gift certificate for a balloon ride and with my fear of heights I wasn't quite super excited to go, but I went along since it wasn't an opportunity I really thought I should pass up....I am here to tell you I am so glad I went!! I wasn't scared at all. The ride was so smooth. It was absolutely gorgeous. Our pilot Scott was awesome and the brunch at the end was fantastic. I wish I could do this all the time. We are locals so we always have seen the balloons over our home but to be inside one was an experience I will not soon forget!

Marshfield
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Balloons Above the NutTrees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Don't get me wrong, we did have a very good time ... but it was a little disappointing. We followed the instructions and confirmed our flight the afternoon before the balloon ride. After we arrived at 5:00 am ... we were told that weather conditions were such that we could not do the ride over the Napa Valley, but instead were put into vans and driven ONE HOUR away to the area where they have a lot of nut trees. The ride was great (our second such adventure) but I think they could have told us the afternoon before that there was a better than average possibility that the location could change. I know no one can control the weather ... but they've been in this business for a long time and could have told us in advance rather than that morning. We were offered the ability to cancel, but by that time we were already up and ready to go ... so we felt as if we really didn't have much of a choice.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank JayMarshfield
New Braunfels, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was my first hot air balloon ride, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. We were incredibly fortunate that the morning that we went (10/27/12) was perfectly clear. No fog, no problematic wind, just the perfect conditions for a ride. The BATV staff, from start to finish, did an incredible job making the experience enjoyable. The check-in at the Marriott was well organized and efficient; watching the balloons being inflated was very cool; and once we were in the air, our pilot, Jeff, was funny and informative. Thanks to the lovely morning, we were able to stay up for over an hour. My two friends and I loved every minute of it! The views were stunning, and I was able to take some incredible panoramic shots. I will say this to some of the people who have posted less than happy reviews about the size of the baskets: yes, you are in the largest balloon baskets in the U.S. (they hold 24 people), and yes, you are in a quadrant with up to 5 other people. Did it make our experience any less wonderful? NO! It made it more fun because we enjoyed chatting with the folks around us and everyone was cooperative and pleasant as far as sharing the space in our area. Best of all, the price was very reasonable and included a gorgeous brunch buffet back at the Marriott. I truly could not have asked for a more worthwhile and enjoyable experience!

1 Thank Tracy H
Wilmington, NC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The only way to view a sunrise in Napa! This was truly an AMAZING experience. I cannot write enough good comments about this company. From Brian our driver, to Rosie at check-in, to Jeff our hilarious but very experienced pilot. They all added to our fabulous adventure. An added bonus with Balloons over the Valley is they will organize vineyard tours for you to be picked up in a Limobus immediately following your delicious champagne brunch. It made for the best anniversary day yet!!! Highly, highly recommend this company!!!