“Bucket List Achievement!”

Balloons Above the Valley
Ranked #2 of 23 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
Arlington, Virginia, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Bucket List Achievement!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We LOVED the balloon ride over Napa's vineyards. Our pilot not only had decades of experience, giving us a nice cozy-safe feeling, but was informative and entertaining, as well. The views are spectacular, the ride was thrilling and the whole experience satisfied a bucket list wish for each of us.

The only down side is that the fogginess that is so nice for the grapes makes the location of the flights unpredictable from day to day. We'd suggest not having any other plans for the morning of your balloon ride. You don't know if you'll be back in a couple of hours, or late morning.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stefanie K

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband booked this trip for my birthday and it was wonderful. So calm and serene. The employees were very nice and upbeat for 6am. It seems you have to do this very early in the morning but so worth it. I just did it September 22, 2012. The brunch provided afterwards was wonderful. My only complaint was that the orange juice had pulp which I don't like. That to me is very small compared to the wonderful time I had. The vineyards below us sparkled and I asked my pilot about that and he told me it was the sparkling wine grapes. Very fun, laughed a lot.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank dshotts
Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best experience, really great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of taking a balloon ride with this company in August of 2012. They operated like a family owned business and were SUPER friendly. We met at the Napa Valley Marriott and learned that heavy fog made it so that we could not actually fly over Napa and everyone was offered to come back another day if they wished which I thought was great. We opted to press on and fly. Our pilot was named Rollie and was great. We were driven to the launch site, given a safety talk by Rollie, had our photo taken (for the one we bought) and away we went. I thought it was nice right before we started lifting off that the person taking our photo took a pic of us with our own camara as well. Usually if a company is selling photos they won't do that. Again, these guys are SUPER friendly.

Our flight was great. Rollie was fantastic in his narrative not just about the area but about ballooning as well. After we landed we were taken back to the hotel for a champagne brunch. We were't expecting much but I must say I was impressed. We had the entire outside dining area to ourselves and the offering was top knotch. The weather was beautiful, Rollie poured us champagne and mimosas and continued to interact and joke with us. We opted for the combined winery tour and he recommended a small winery to go to and encourged us to tell our driver to take us there. His recommendation (O'Brien Estate) turned out to be the BEST winery of the tour we went on and even our driver said she didn't know about it and was adding it to her future stops.

This was an excellent experience and my wife and I have not stopped talking about and recommending it to our friends.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michael L
St-Andre-d'Argenteuil, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A second lie”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a summary of my experience with this company and its manager Bob and its employee Tiffany.This is a commented copy of the review of 1800skyride that I made for the same activity.
This company spoiled my trip in Napa because I was all confirmed with Balloons Above the Valley for a balloon ride . I had made that reservation 9 months ago and I had called the Balloon above the Valley in January 2012 to make sure that this will work. The day before departure , when I called to confirm , the balloon operator employee Tiffany tells me that they will not offer us the service because 1800skyride owe them a lot of money. After arguing with her, she said that she was to call Bob the manager to know what to do. She called back after 15 minutes to tell me that they will make an exception and to present to the meeting point the morning after. I woke up at 5 hres am and I get to the meeting point i am told that I misunderstood and that my only choice was to pay again ( they offer a small discount..big deal!!). After arguing with the manager Bob , he told us that he can not afford to loose more money with that company(1800skyride). He preferred to have two empty seats in the balloon. We were in for a second deception. He obviously changed his mind during the night. We decided to leave Napa and not pay a second time . Then be aware do not loose your time. Now we will have to argue with the credit card insurance. I suppose that traveling is a mixt of a lot of good but sometimes bad experiences. PS. By the way , the manager Bob told us that he his not doing business with 1800skyride for more than a month and that his employee sent us emails five and two days before the flight.(we were already in holidays for 1 week) . Why did he waited so long and had us fight the traffic to Napa . Obviously he does not have too much customer satisfaction at heart.

Visited September 2012
9 Thank jleclerc55
Long Island, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Watching the sun rise in a hotair balloon in Napa Valley with your family and friends is the top experience of our trip. There were 20 plus other balloons in the sky that day and it was so beautiful to see. The vineyards below sparkle with tinsel and the mountains that make Napa Valley are breathtaking. The flight was so tranquil and our driver Jeff was simply amazing. Really got some great pictures and had an amazing experience. I was surprised to learn that 20 people can fit in the basket so hope you like your travel mates.

Visited August 2012