“This is the best place to stay in Napa!”

The Westin Verasa Napa
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
boston
“This is the best place to stay in Napa!”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We had a wonderful three night stay at the Westin. The outside entrance is very impressive but the lobby is just breathtaking. From the folks at the front desk, to the valets who always remember your name, to the waitstaff who remember the little things from one meal to the next, this property is amazing. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe suite and it had to have been the nicest room I think we have ever had the pleasure of vacationing in - it was spacious and the decor was very clean and streamlined. We ate at the restaurant 1 morning and 2 evenings and each time the food was absolutely wonderful and the prices were more than satisfactory. Thanks to a warm weather trend, we were able to use the pool on one afternoon - and for once a pool advertised as heated was actually heated! We also used the workout facilities which were spotless and more than adequate. Our only issue - and it isnt a big one - is the concierge on duty during our stay didnt seem to have a good handle on the area - which we found odd. After 2 attempts at not getting too much information, we started to go to the front desk or the valets with our questions and they were more than happy to oblige. Finally, the proximity to Ox Bow Market cannot be underestimated. We walked there two mornings for breakfast and one night for ice cream and it was wonderful to have those options close by. All in all, we cant wait to go back. This is one resort that pictures cannot do it justice (particulary for the rooms). You would be hard pressed to find a cleaner, more comfortable and relaxing resort in Napa.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank bostonstm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
San Ramon, CA
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I booked a long weekend stay, Sat - Mon, at Westin Verasa Napa using 12,000 Starwood points per night. I am a Platinum member and I was so happy to get an upgrade to a one bedroom. You get the WOW factor the moment you open the door to the room. I arrived at noon and was told that check-in was at 3 pm, so I left to go to my favorite local shopping destination, Napa Premium Outlets. To get to the Westin, take the Lincoln Ave exit instead of the First St, it's a more direct route.

When I returned, the check in was speedy and efficient. I was informed of the $20. per day, resort fee, but not much else. The fee covered the valet parking, business center (one computer with free internet and printer/copier), pool, and Westin WorkOut room. The valet service was excellent and my bags arrive within a few minutes. Ballentine provided great service and showed me how to use the Xbox to watch DVD.

The one bedroom unit is huge and has living area (with flat panel TV, Xbox, iPod dock), dining area (seats four), full kitchen with granite counter top, dishwasher, full refrigerator with ice and cold water in the door, electric stove and oven, microwave, toaster, dishes, pots/pans, Starbucks coffee and maker, tea and bottle water.

The bedroom has Westin Heavenly bed, flat panel TV, in room safe and two robes. The bathroom is large with separate shower and tub, dual sinks. In room services include, internet for a fee, pay per view movies and spa services can be arranged. The room did not have a view, but a nice balcony. Next time I will ask for a room looking onto the river.

The housekeeping did a great job, typically, they put the dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on, but this time, they unload and put dishes back into the cabinets. They were very friendly when I wanted to peek into the other size rooms to see the smaller and bigger units. Also, the turn down service has yummy chocolates on your bed and I was able to get an extra pack of Starbucks coffee! The rooms are very well done and the decor is beautiful and subtle.

The restaurants are La Touque (only open for dinner) with chef Ken Frank, who moved his restaurant from Rutherford and his casual Bank Cafe off the lobby (open 7 am - 11 pm). I didn't dine at either, although they both looked very nice.

The weather was beautiful and on Monday I spent the day at the pool, with only one or two other people there. I made use of one of the cabanas and was in pure heaven. There is also a whirlpool and plenty of towels. The River Walk is adjacent and there is Boccee Ball court on site too. The meeting rooms are located on the first floor.

The only negative I had, was on Sunday at noon, I went to talk to the concierge and was told they would be there in the afternoon. I wanted information on the local area and the coupons that I heard about on TA.

There is alot to do, including the Napa Valley Wine Train, which directly across the street and the Oxbow Public Market is at the end of the block and very short walk! There are Bicycle Wine Tours, Hot Air Ballon rides, Kayak Trips, Safari West Wildlife Preserve, Platypus Tours, not to mention the hundreds of wineries in the area. The towns of Yountville, St Helena and Sonoma are a short drive away. Target, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's is at the Trancas St exit.

I had a fantastic stay and everyone was very friendly and helpful, which made for a wonderful stay and I enjoyed the one bedroom unit. The hotel manager is Justin Williams and general manager is Don Shindle, I emailed them a Thank You note, but never got a response. I will be returning for another relaxing and fun weekend stay soon!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank SusieJue
Chicago
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We enjoyed our 4 nights at the Westin Verasa. We checked in on a Sunday and parked on the street as many of the reviews here mention the valet were a little slow. There was plenty of street parking right out front of the hotel which was nice.
We were upgraded to a suite that faced the pool, which was nice. Plenty of room to spread out and the mini kitchen was VERY helpful, especially with keeping some wine and bottled water cold.
The hotel is very nice, great pool and hot tub. The location was really fantastic as you're a short walk to Oxbox Market and "downtown".
One complaint was that our room was never made up unless we specifically asked for it to be. As someone who travels a LOT for work and pleasure I thought this was very strange. It wasn't made clear when we checked in nor could we figure out if it was an environmental thing or they were short staffed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 8, 2010

The wife and I planned a trip out to Napa for VDay weekend this year. I am a big time Starwood guy during the week for work so we used our points. The hotel is top notch!

We were upgraded as Platinum members upon check-in. They put us in a Suite on the 2nd floor in a corner room. Separate bedroom, huge sprawing bathroom, small workable kitchen with stove, refrigerator, sink..and the lounge area. The architecture and use of stone inside the rooms really makes them look great.

The concierge is fabulous! Use them! They have discount and "free" visit vouchers to many of the top wineries in and around Napa.

You are walking distance to the Oxbow Market! They have a great raw bar! The Oxbow Wine Merchant is a great place to get some cheese to go with that wine you just picked up from your favorite spot in say Stags Leap. You can also sit in here and do tastings-they will pair their local wines with great cheese, breads, and spreads.
Taylors Automatic is right next door and perfect for a quick bite!

Location to the Vineyards is perfect. Getting up 29 or going up the Silverado Trail...they are both accessed within 1 mile from the hotel. You lastly have the great proximity to walking to downtown Napa!

I put this hotel up there with any other Westin. The bar and open sitting area are great as well. We didn't do the heated pool but it looked great during after a long day of wine tastings.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LostEdge
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed February 17, 2010

The Westin Verasa is a beautiful hotel! The staff were always kind and helpful, and were incredibly knowledgeable about the wineries in the surrounding areas (they even gave us wine tasting coupons for many of the wineries!). They had initially given us a room that overlooked a large air conditioning unit. We called down to reception and asked if they could switch us to a room with a nicer view, and they did without hesitation! Our room was very large and spacious, with a separate living room & kitchenet. The bed was incredibly comfortable (Starwood Heavenly bed, i think). The hotel is also home to one of the best restaurants in Napa -- La Toque, which was phenomenal! I highly recommend staying at The Westin & eating at La Toque when in Napa!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Upon arrival I was very impressed with this hotel. It is really beautiful...mainly because it is brand new. I loved how it embraced the wine country, ie. wine bottles on display behind the check-in desk. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. My one complaint has to do with the beds and the pillows. One of the main reasons I like to stay at Westin hotels is because of their heavenly beds. This hotel does not seem to have the heavenly beds or pillows which I found odd because it is so new. The mattress was very hard and both my husband and I woke up sore with backaches. The pillows were also very hard and lumpy.

All in all it is a very nice hotel but don't count on getting the full "heavenly experience". For the price of the hotel ($$$) I was disappointed that I had to sleep on a regular ole' mattress.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank foxam
WestinVerasaNapa, Management at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
All beds on property are Westin Heavenly Beds Per Westin Brand Standards.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I must admit that my husband and I were on our way to a family reunion and we just needed one night in peace (January 1) before heading over to the condos with the rest of our family. We booked with out points on New Years morning and headed out from San Francisco.
Since we didn't spend much time here, arriving about 3pm and only just lounging around before leaving at 10am the next morning, I can't comment on many of the features and amenities at the hotel. But I will comment on what I did experience. The hotel seems really big once your inside, long hallways of rooms. The room itself was nice, but I feel like it was really plain. I think they could have done a lot more by adding in a little 'wine country' flair. Everything was neutral colors, the room, while big enough, definitely wasn't huge. Flat screen TV, large closet and big bathroom (although not a separate tub and shower and only one sink).
The staff was always friendly and the valet was pretty efficient both times we got the car. he was also helpful with directions.
My husband and I both will come back to experience this hotel fully, we noticed a huge outdoor pool and large spa, but there was a complaint about the noise coming from the spa late at night. The building is in a U shape with the pool and spa in the middle and even though it didn't sound like the people in the hot tub were speaking to loudly, it carried easily to my window.
Really no big complaints on this one, but again, we didn't get to experience much of it. Really looking forward to another stay in the future though, although I'm sure it will be expensive as it wasn't even a deal in off-season.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!