1,504 results
All reviews oxbow market spg platinum bank restaurant full kitchen one bedroom suite wine tasting model bakery valet staff walking distance to oxbow the wine train station beautiful hotel upgraded to a suite dining table an upgrade wine country downtown area local wineries
Reviewed February 26, 2015

If you are on a business trip this is a good hotel. The service level is fine, all basic amenities are in place, nice gym, help full staff, nice breakfast etc etc. The location is also good.
Nice and quiet rooms. The hotel is rather big so it isn´t my choice of a love weekend hotel with my wife, but thats only my personal preference and have nothing to do with the hotel/staff.
They recognize your SPG status and everything.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2015

Hello Andrew18985:

Thank you for the review and for providing us and all our TripAdvisor readers a very personal review of our property. We love to hear everything that our guest’s enjoyed and the areas our guest thought could be better. It sounds like everything was executed well and we’ll hope to see you on your next trip to the area, business or pleasure.

Reviewed February 22, 2015

We chose the Westin Verasa Napa due to walking distance from downtown Napa. The location was really great, within a short walk to downtown and a block from some really great restaurants and wine tasting. The resort is really beautiful and quiet. My teenagers really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Very nice.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank tlhoooper

Hello tlhooper:

Thank you for the great review and feedback for all of our TripAdvisor readers. It sounds like the trip worked out well for the whole family and our hotel’s versatility made it a perfect place for everyone.

We hope that next time you need a quick trip south to wine country we’ll have the opportunity to have you back.

Reviewed February 21, 2015

Check staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Concierge we worked with assisted us in making reservations for meals. Helped us with directions to the wineries. They suggested where to go and how to get there. Helped us ship our wine homes as well. The hotel was in walking distance of the town and places to eat.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry R

Hello Barry R:

Thank you for the great kind words about the front desk and concierge teams. We love to hear about great guest experiences and I’m so glad that your trip around our beautiful wine country was as great as it was.

We look forward to seeing again on your next trip out west from Florida.

Reviewed February 20, 2015

After reading the good reviews, I was expecting to be blown away, but instead, I was very very underwhelmed. I know that I went on a sold out weekend, when they were probably very busy, so thus, two stars instead of only one.

When I checked in, they didn't even recognize my Gold Status. When I asked about the upgrade, they said they were sold out, so no upgrades available. Then I asked about the usual 4pm check in for Gold Members - again, they said sorry, they were sold out. Fair enough, I understood that it was a busy weekend, so I took it for what it was.

However, when I got to the room, there wasn't a dog bed and dog bowls. On my reservation I noted that I was bringing a dog, and when I called the hotel to ask about it, they said there would be a dog bed and bowls waiting in the room, so I didn't bring mine with me. I called the front desk to inquire about it, and they said it was based upon availability, and they would check to see if there was any more. Again, that's fair enough, but they should have mentioned it to me when I called to ask, so I could have been prepared and brought my own. Also, they didn't even bother calling back to follow up to let me know there was none left - they just didn't bring it, and I ended up having to go buy some disposable tupperware myself.

In the morning we went to have breakfast at the cafe outside by the pool. It was around noon, and there was only one other couple sitting outside eating. Despite that, the service was very slow, and the servers didn't seem to care very much. We had to flag down someone just to take our drink orders, and then we had to flag someone down again for our food order. I was debating between two items on the menu, so I asked the guy a question about the first item, and he was very short with one to two word answers, and didn't even bother to explain other than just his short answers. This really put me off, so we ended up just not even ordering any food. After our drinks, again, we had to flag someone down for our bill... and they actually asked us what we had ordered! How do they not know this?

When we checked out, we called down to valet for our car. When we got there, the car was sitting there, ready. The guy handed us our key and just walked away - didn't even bother to help us with our luggage or anything. We even had to chase him down to give him a very underserved tip.

Aside from the service, the hotel was fine. It's not the newest or most luxurious place, but nothing bad to really say either about the accommodations - but the very poor service definitely spoiled our weekend.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank audrey k

Hello Audrey K:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your hotel experience with us and all of our TripAdvisor readers, but more than anything I would like to apologize for the level of service you received throughout your visit. I know that we were able to communicate at length about your various concerns and I do believe that everything has been addressed and all the necessary changes have been put into place.

I’m also very excited that you are going to be coming back to give us another shot. We are looking forward to hosting you in a couple weeks and please feel free to let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience a little more special.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

While I had visited Napa previously, this was my first time staying, so I researched the heck out of hotels in the area. The Westin Verasa Napa was at the top of the list of potential hotels because I am an SPG member, but the Andaz Napa was another top contender based on reviews I had read. I ended up booking the Westin Verasa Napa early to take advantage of a prepaid rate and also because the Andaz Napa was not taking reservations due to renovations from the earthquake that had struck Napa earlier in 2014.

To be honest, I was apprehensive about my decision as the stay approached, mainly because the reviews on the SPG website were not the most encouraging. I even almost canceled the booking since the Andaz Napa had started taking reservations, but thank goodness for cancellation penalties! My 7 day stay at the Westin Verasa Napa was all too short, and I would have extended my stay in a heartbeat were it not for preexisting plans.

The property is located across the street from the Napa Valley Wine Train station, a five minute walk from Oxbow Public Market, and a 15 minute stroll from downtown Napa. Having walked around most of downtown Napa, the Westin Verasa Napa is in the absolute best location if you want to be close to downtown, but you want some peace and quiet.

The room I got was equipped and sized more like a decent studio apartment than a hotel room. The kitchenette was equipped well enough to cook and serve a full meal for two, with the only significant missing component being an oven (there is a microwave instead). There was even a dishwasher!

Of note, there is resort charge policy which consists of a US$20/day amenity fee (and a 14.07% occupancy tax), which is pricey, but the amenity fee takes care of overnight valet parking (there is no self parking in the property, but there is ample street parking), wifi, local calls, a nightly wine tasting in the lobby, the hotel facilities and apparently free copying at the Business Center (which I did not try). SPG members should check if their status allows them to use their SPG points to cover the amenity fee, which I was offered.

As long as the staff keep their existing standards up, I will definitely be using this property as a base for exploring Napa, Yountville and the other surrounding areas!

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello bapak_anwar:

Thank you for the amazing review and all the details about your research, your experience at the hotel and the area. We love to hear about such great experiences and thank you for sharing with all of our TripAdvisor readers. While the Andaz is a beautiful property, for a 7 night stay I think you made a great decision for all the reasons you mentioned. Our rooms, their size, the efficiency kitchens and the pool area would be my top reasons.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to have you back on your next visit to the area.