“Service Letdowns”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, WA
“Service Letdowns”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I wanted to love my stay here, but there were lots and lots of service issues. I did bring them up with the hotel when I received their post stay survey, but generally I would say don't bother.

This is a picturesque hotel, great outdoor areas, nice lobby, but expensive so the service should be great. We were let down by the bar, front desk, shuttle, housekeeping and room service. Pretty much everyone we encountered was not helpful or too busy visiting with their co-workers or flirting with bachelorette partygoers to be helpful. After leaving we also had an issue with the wrong credit card being charged which was eventually straightened out, but the accounting person seemed really put out to be helping us with the mix-up.

The beds are very comfortable, but the rooms are on the small side and we had a "garden" view that actually seemed to look on to a lawn area behind the hotel that anyone could walk on / look right into our window.

The location is really great and perhaps if you're coming for a special occasion you'll get better service.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank OpEd
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
OpEd:

Thank you for your review and I wanted to thank you for providing us both positive aspects of your visit and some of the areas that could use more attention. I’m confident that the majority, if not all your concerns have been addressed since your stay with us last year and I would love the opportunity to show you what improvements we have made. From the restaurant, the bar and even in the accounting department, I am confident that your next visit will be much more in line with the Westin/Starwood standards that you have become accustom too.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you again on your next visit to The Napa Valley.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A really nice hotel with large rooms with a kitchen Clean and bright makes it welcoming. The staff are all good and helpful. There is a Michelin restaurant and a separate restaurant in the bar area. My only complaint is they were not very flexible. A nice pool area with lots of room and a nice outdoor area to eat or just have a drink.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello 21Davids22:

Thank you for the great review and excellent feedback for all our TripAdvisor readers. We love to hear about great experiences and this sounds like you had a great time. I’m sorry that you found some parts of your stay to be not as flexible as you would have hoped but I’m glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel, the pool area and rooms during your time in our fabulous wine country.

I know it’s a long trip over from London but we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

the3rdrock
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful and much needed break. We stayed here for a special occasion and the front desk were especially helpful in making it memorable - Tim and Nathan provided standout examples of customer service.

Westins are not quite super top tier hotels (Eg no turn down service) but nonetheless Tim and Nathan provided amongst the best service I've ever had from a top tier hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonoglobetrotter:

This is an awesome review and thank you for your kind words on the service you received during your stay from Tim and I. We love the great feedback and it’s even better to hear when our guests are able to completely unwind and take in a couple days of rest and relaxation.

Also, you are correct that we are not considered a luxury brand, but we do our best to provide all the same amenities and service levels. One of those amenities is Turndown but it is by request.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

SF
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just finished a stay this past weekend. Very disappointed in hotel. We have stayed here several times in the past.

Service has definitely gone downhill throughout - front desk, pool area, bar, housekeeping. Valet was quick and friendly - but that was the exception.

Pool was overcrowded. We had to wait 30 minutes to get a single chair. The pool towels were thin, faded, more Holiday Inn than Westin. That's when there were towels. We had to call to request pool towels after waiting about an hour and not seeing any staff out in the pool area.

Dirty towels, food, and trash were strewn all around pool area.

Our room was not as bad, but there was leftover trash from the previous guest in the room and bathroom trash cans. Room small. Bed uncomfortable and visibly saggy in middle. We had liked the hotel very much in the past but was very disappointed. We are gold elite in their Starwood Program, but it looks like the staff treats everyone the same -- which is to say, badly. stay away. The Hyatt Avia Napa has excellent customer service but no pool unfortunately.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kishna
Kishna:

Thank you taking the time to provide as a bit of feedback about your visit with us a couple weeks ago and I’m deeply sorry for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I can fully agree that your experience doesn’t seem to reflect the level of service or the type of hotel that we represent and I’m deeply sorry for that.

I know that I am unable to reverse the type of service that you received or the time that you have already spent but I would love the opportunity to show you that we are still the same hotel that you experienced in the past and this was just an isolated incident. Please feel free to contact me directly on any future visits to Napa and I would love to ensure that your next experience is much more in line with Starwood, SPG and Westin standards.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

nbaslaw@westinnapa.com
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very nice hotel, great location, great staff; however, don't stay in 3062. I had to listen to the elevators all night long and I had a sound machine. I was there for a meeting and was very impressed with how they handled it.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in 3062
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello Dljhk:

Thank you for the great review and both the pros and cons of your stay. More than anything I would like to apologize with the issues you experienced in room 3062. I do believe that the noise that you experienced earlier last month has now been remedied and I apologize that you had this experience during your visit.

I know on your next trip up everything will be much better and I hope your able to make it back sooner than later.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed only a couple nights. The overall staff was very friendly & helpful. Rooms clean and Westin standards.

Breakfast (the food) was very good in the restaurant although that's where they are lacking in a qualified host(ess).

The only negative was their "wine tasting". Don't bother.

Would & will stay again--very generous ownership.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Dfwboi:

Thank you for the great review and for sharing a couple of different aspects of your stay with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It sounds like a wonderful trip and I will pass along both the positives and the areas for improvement to our hotel/food & beverage teams.

We’ll hope to see you back again sooner than later.

Duarte, CA
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed two nights in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The rooms were very nice and the kitchen allowed us to relax with breakfast before going wine tasting. The kitchen had a dishwasher but only one soap packet for washing and no dish washing soap or paper or dish towels. Although across the street from the wine train station, the rooms were very quiet at night. The hotel appeared to be fully booked and there were a lot of people at their bar and restaurant, so service was slow at times. There was complimentary wine tasting in the lobby from 5-7pm nightly. They only have valet parking but the service was fast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank verda
Hello Verda:

Thank you for the great review and for sharing your feedback with all of our TripAdvisor readers. The 2 bedroom suites are by far my favorite room type and it sounds like you used it to its fullest and had a great time relaxing here in wine country.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!