SPG Gold Member and used points for a three night leisure stay. Arrived at noon on Saturday and room was ready for check in. Clerk was courteous and very informative as were the bell/valet attendants out front. Having called the hotel before our stay, I was aware of the room type used for points. (hotel website lacks this information but that is common for SPG) Room 1022 on the main floor was a short walk from the lobby and faced a very quiet courtyard. A tad on the small side but vaulted ceilings gave it a roomier feel. It was clean and well appointed to the Westin standards. Bathroom was a bit lacking in counter space but the dual head walk in shower was a pleasure to use. Typical king bed layout with a dresser, table and 2 chairs. Certainly sufficed for a place to sleep as intended for our busy trip.
Sat for a drink around 12:45 pm and the bar at The Bank in the lobby was deserted. What appeared to be a manager came over to serve us but struggled with finding the ingredients and was using a menu to mix the drinks. This took nearly 10 minutes as she left twice to find things she thought they were out of. Finally got our drinks and they were just okay. This set the tone for our expectations so it was our only interaction for food and drink in the hotel.
Valet only parking comes with in and out privileges and is included in the $20 per night resort fee. (As is WIFI) The valet/bell attendants were very efficient and friendly at every interaction. We give this group an A+. Mineral pool out back is heated but we did not use.
Location of the hotel is in great proximity to downtown Napa. We planned dinner each night in downtown and walked both ways all three nights. (roughly 15 minutes each way) It was nice not to worry about driving and parking and the streets all seemed very safe. The hotel does offer a complimentary car ride to and from downtown based on availability but we did not take advantage.
Reception in the lobby each night from 5-7 featured a local wine(s) and lite appetizer. This was a great way to mingle and enjoy the lobby. (which is beautifully done)
Overall a very nice stay and on par with the Westin experience. For location in the downtown area, wine train, Oxbow Market, etc. it cannot be beat. If you are looking for the more remote off the path, winery close Napa hotels, this may not suit your needs.
Aside from our bar experience, the only other thing we found challenging was the noise of the climate control. Even sleeping with white noise on in the room, we were woken by the heat turning on and off several times per night. This was a first for us for with a central air system but we would use earplugs upon return.
Would easily recommend and would return without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Verasa Napa is located downtown near the heart of Wine Country. Just steps from the famous Wine Train, our hotel has 5-star dining and 3,200+ sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Verasa Napa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Verasa, Napa Hotel Napa
- Westin Hotel Verasa
- Westin Hotel Napa
- The Westin Verasa Napa Napa Valley, CA