The Westin Verasa Napa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$303
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
$685
$595
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$169
$185
$140
$339
SENZA Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$369
The Meritage Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$362
$269
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
Travelocity
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$364
$309
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,438 results
All reviewsoxbow marketheavenly bedbank restaurantfull kitchenone bedroom suitewine tastingmodel bakeryvalet staffwalking distance to oxbowresort feethe wine train stationbeautiful hotelupgraded to a suitedining tablean upgradewine countrylobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice, clean rooms. Very good price. Highly recommended. I loved the concierge/valet/maid/bar service. Beautiful pool and great wine service at Happy Hour. I did not have any bad experience while I stayed here. Oh, and they have great grapefruit juice. :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David E
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for the great review and detailed feedback about the property and your stay. Our Unwind/Happy Hour is one of my favorite amenities of the property and is great bonus for our guests.

We’ll hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just spent 2 nights here in January. Wine tastings at night, massages available and super concierge staff make it a terrific place to stay while in Napa. Walking distance to most restaurants in the city center. The hotel lobby is very lively and yet the rooms are very peaceful and quiet. We had a deluxe suite with mini kitchen. Beds are soooo comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

This sounds like a spectacular trip and thank you for sharing the review. I would agree that we are in a good location to walk around town and although we can have a lively lobby our rooms are typically a great place for peace and quiet.

Thank you again and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were moving from Seattle to Phoenix with our two cats and when we found out the movers were delayed we decided to take a few extra days in Napa to relax. I chose the Westin based on their reputation and the fact that they allowed pets. The hotel is in a wonderful location in Napa. It is a lovely property as well. Upon arriving we were greeted by fantastic bellmen who continued an extraordinary level of service throughout our stay. Unfortunately, that is where the good experience ended. We checked into a 1 bedroom suite. The girl at the front desk was informed that our stay was prepaid by my boyfriend's new company. She acknowIeged this fact and took our personal card for incidentals. Upon arriving in the suite, I was surprised to find a used bathrobe behind the door that had apparently been overlooked along with some previous guest's hair. This is not up to Westin standards so I called to have it removed. I then attempted to put some things in the small refrigerator. I was surprised to find it very warm even though it was turned up and then a bit disgusted to find a hair inside. Regardless we settled in, I had laundry sent out and we headed to BANK cafe for dinner. (a bit of an unprofessional experience there but that's another review) Upon returning we found that not only had the hotel billed us for incidentals, but had incorrectly billed us for the entire stay AND a reservation that had previously been cancelled when we changed our trip plans. Unfortunately, this caused a snowball problem with bank charges, other stuff not going through...etc. etc. It basically wiped out the bank account with our personal trip money. We informed the front desk and were told to be in our room at 9pm and they would send up a bottle of wine as an apology. At 9pm we waited and waited....finally we called down (apparently they had forgotton) and they finally had it sent up. Still not impressed. We put a breakfast request menu on the door and headed to bed. My boyfriend (who was greatly looking forward to sleeping in) had to get up early the next morning to have a conference call with another manager and the bank to try and rectify the situation. He was surprised to find the menu still on the door that morning. (no one had ever picked it up, even though it was out there by 10:00, in plenty of time) Hoping to have the bank issue solved we got ready for an afternoon of wine tasting. We were told upon check-in that the thermostat was on a default and if we wanted to override it to call. It was a bit warm for me so before leaving we called to have it changed. We waited and waited. Finally I called down to find out where they were and found that because we had the do not disturb sign on the door (we were told to keep in on because we have pets and didn't want anyone in there without us) the maintenance man turned back around and left without even knocking. Even though I had JUST SAID it was ok to come up. I was a bit perturbed because it had already been an hour of waiting when we wanted to go. So...we waited and he was sent back up. Upon checking it he told us that "No, there is no override, just set it to what you want". Sheesh....all that waiting for nothing. So, trying to improve our mood, we set out to do some wine tasting. Upon returning I found that the thermostat had indeed defaulted to the original setting and it was too warm. Apparently you do have to override it after all. I also found that the refrigerator that I had turned up to the coldest setting was still warm. Apparently broken. I also noticed that our laundry (guaranteed to be back by now) was not there. I called down and was informed that they did not deliver it because we had a do not disturb sign on the door. Ok, I know this but couldn't you at least call our room and let us know it's in??? At this point we were exasperated and I decided to not call anyone about the refrigerator because we didn't want to wait and wait on maintenance again and be further inconvenienced by having them in our room for awhile. Unfortunately we also found that the bank issue had not been resolved. A manager gave us a discount card for food at the hotel. A bit concerned about our budget at this point we nixed the idea of going out and ordered room service instead. I ordered the scallops and was terribly disappointed to find them very overcooked, chewy and tasteless. They did take them off the bill but I ended up eating french fries because it was late at this point and I didn't want to wait any longer. The following morning I ordered a smoothie and what the menu said was "assorted hot tea". When it arrived the hot tea was ONE teabag...the same teabag that was already in my room. I was expecting (as at other hotels) a wide assortment of hot teas to choose from. $5 for something I could have done myself. They had a limited menu and after this experience we opted not to eat from room service or the restaurant again while at the hotel so that discount card really didn't help at all. Again, my boyfriend was prevented from sleeping in the second morning because he had to be up early trying to resolve the bank issue.. Still, it wasn't resolved and we had to wait around the hotel instead of going out waiting for a fed-ex package of emergency funds that was sent by his company. When we finally checked out the following day we reflected on what was supposed to be a very relaxing pause in a stressful cross-country move with pets but instead it was one of the most stressful and disappointing times on our trip. At check out we were greeted by the front desk girl who asked us how everything was. (!!!) They didn't even bother to put a note on our account? We asked for the manager and after explaining the situation and requesting to have all charges removed she did "erase" our stay. We had an incredibly long day of driving ahead of us. Unfortunately we still had to hang around till noon while they tried to resolve the bank account issue putting our driving for the day well into the dark. Another inconvenience. Ultimately the bank issue was resolved (after checking out) and we were offerred a complimentary stay at the hotel before June of 2013. Up until this point I had never stayed in a Westin. I was impressed by the bellmen, the location and what is a lovely property. The other service was horrendous however, unacceptable and far below what I expected from the Westin's reputation. The managers did the right thing by comp-ing our stay and offering us another complimentary stay. For that I applaud them. I want to assume this was an isolated incident and somehow we were part of the perfect storm of bad events. Of course we never should have had to go back to "try" for a good experience but at least we have that. I will keep you posted on our future experience. It really couldn't be worse but I hope this time, to be fully impressed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLBTraveler

Thank you for the feedback and I’m sorry this situation escalated to the level that it did. I can only imagine the frustration that you all experienced and from my email correspondents with your boyfriend I believe that everything has been resolved.

We can’t wait to see you on your future stay and I can ensure you that your next stay will be a much more relaxing and rejuvenating trip.

Please let me know if there is anything else we may be able to assist with and we’ll see you soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed in a great 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights and was really spoiled again by the Westin in Napa. I love the location because there are so many great restaurants to walk to. Having a full kitchen is also very helpful. My only minor complaint is that they didn't pick up the room service tray/cart quick enough. We had room service each morning and it was always there when we got back at night. Even after the room was cleaned.

This was my third stay at the hotel and I hope there is a 4th and a 5th and a 6th... you get it. Stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UpInTheAir80

Thank you for the awesome feedback and as I’ve stated on other reviews, the 2 bedroom suites are the way to go when staying with others or on a longer visit. I will also be passing along your feedback to our in room dining team to ensure that they are following up more closely with the housekeepers on getting our hallways cleared.

I hope your having a great start to your year and we’ll hope to see you on your next visit to the Legendary Napa Valley.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating a milestone birthday. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a large suite with living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. A bottle of champagne was sent up later that evening. The front desk and concierge were extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful. We had an excellent breakfast downstairs in the cafe as well as a dinner at LaToque. Can't say enough excellent things about LaToque. Would definitely return to both the hotel and restaurant next time we're in Napa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

This sounds like a dream birthday and were so glad that you were able to spend it with us. Thank you for the great feedback and we’ll hope to see you back on your next trip to the Napa Valley.