“Great Home Base in Wine Country” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Verasa Napa
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
california
“Great Home Base in Wine Country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Treat yourself to the one bedroom suite. Think of them as a small but well appointed city apartment. The bed is very comfortable and the doors to the sleeping area block out all noise from the hall. The sleeping area is dim, which while romantic at night, is a bit annoying as one tries to get ready in the morning. The sleeping area also lacks a mirror and unless one select to dress in the equally dim but spacious bathroom one will have to guess at appearance. However, one will delight in a roomy balcony, comfortable sitting area, two televisions, and the most well appointed kitchette ever (two microwaves, a dishwasher, all dish ware, pots, pans, untensils one could desire.) The Westin Verasa is very pet friends (could never tell a pet have set foot in my suite) and has several teraces and a river walk to keep your four legged fried happy. The social hour features wine, a light snack, and free massage on a first come first serve bases (arrive just before 5:00) and look for the sign up sheet by the fireplace. Do tip well!) Easy walk to Day Spa, Oxbow Market, the Napa Wine Train, several wine studios, and downtown (great shopping and theaters.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mbisme
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review and the details you were able to provide for all our future guests. From your room descriptions, pet friendly options and local attractions, I think your descriptions are spot on. Also, if at any time in the future you find yourself needing more light in your guest room, please feel free to give us a call and we can typically make some special accommodations per request.

We’ll hope to see you back soon and happy new year.

Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath "upgraded" suite, facing the river. The 2 bedroom unit has plenty of room, and a nice terrace. The rooms are are clean and quiet. Excellent beds. Our unit had a fairly long walk from the elevator and lobby.

Staff is friendly. We had one problem with the bill, which took some time to resolve, but eventually it was correctly handled.

Easy walk to the Oxbow Market - excellent breakfast items at Model Bakery. Bit of a longer walk to downtown Napa, though it's only 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately, we had cold and somewhat wet weather the second weekend in Dec. Even so, we walked to dinner both nights, and enjoyed not having to get into a car to go out at night.

I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room facing the river was nice and quiet.
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you and this is great feedback for all of our TripAdvisor readers. I think your suggestion of 2 couples in a 2 bedroom suite is a great option for people traveling together and your area suggestions and walk times are perfect.

We’ll look forward to your next visit and have a great new year.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

The location is perfect, next to Napa Train, and the town's many bars and restaurants. Short ride to the wineries, a great spot to make a base when coming for a few days of wine tasting. They have almost nightly cocktails and small winery tastings, and the pool/outdoor areas are great. Getting to Napa River for a walk is a challenge, but once you figure out the shortcuts, not too bad.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the river for better views and privacy.
Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hi_stick
Thank you for the great review and feedback for all of our TripAdvior readers. On your next trip please feel free to stop by the desk and we have a few great options for scenic walks directly from the hotel. The river walk is a great option but for a bit longer stroll the Oxbow Preserve is under a .5 mile away.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at the Westin, despite the crappy weather that unfortunately came with our trip. The hotel more than made up for it. Our room was oversized with the kitchen in case we wanted to cook, but who had time with all the wine tasting? I loved the decor, and did I mention the bed? Heavenly is right! We ate in the restaurant several times and enjoyed each meal. The burger I had the first night at the bar was outstanding! Every evening there is a complimentary wine tasting, very nice. All of the people went out of their way to be helpful, whether giving directions, lending an umbrella, or giving a lift to a restaurant nearby. Speaking of restaurants, there are many excellent restaurants within walking distance. (I just didn't want to walk in the cold rain.). I strongly recommend the Westin Verasa!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for the perfect review and I’m glad to hear that the extreme amount of rain during your visit didn’t spoil all the fun that you had. I will be passing along your thoughts to the my Service Express team and also our entire food and beverage team. We love the great feedback and we’ll hope to see you again soon.

Next time we’ll make sure to keep the rain elsewhere.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a Westin and I doubt it'll be my last. The hotel was lovely. We were only in Napa one night, but I would've liked to be able to enjoy it longer. The room was very tastefully decorated, understated elegance is the phrase that comes to mind. Their "heavenly beds" are appropriately named, and super comfortable. The bathroom was especially luxurious. I liked the double shower heads in the shower. The valet (I'm trying to remember his name. Dustin, maybe?) was very polite and helpful when we arrived. And then when we got to the room I discovered I'd left my phone charger in the car, and he went back out and got it for me. One minor complaint, they have a $20 resort fee that covers the valet parking, internet, and some other things. Fairly common at high end hotels, but still a little annoying.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laney86
Thank you for the honest and detailed feedback and I will pass along your thoughts to our valet and entire Service Express team. We always appreciate the positive feedback and the feedback for improvement. While I do fully understand the frustration with the additional amenity fee, we try to make it a low, reasonable cost, that combines a grouping of charges that at many properties exceeds $50 and even $60.

Thank you again and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to ensure a great future visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have traveled a lot in my life and rarely am I surprised by luxury. I was amazed with the Westin; our suite was larger than the last condo I owned. The service was superior and the wine available at the bar is one of the most impressive lists I have ever seen. The breakfast is better than most hotels with quick service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this amazing review and I am glad that we were able to exceed all you expectations. I will be passing along your thoughts to our entire team and we’ll hope we’re able to see you again on your next visit to our beautiful Napa Valley!

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The prices for offseason were incredible. A two bedroom suite has plenty of room for two couples. Our room was clean comfortable and quiet. The hotel is large so some of the rooms are a bit of a walk from the main lobby.

We were able to walk to the Oxbow Market and other shopping and browsing. That is a huge plus for breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review and your feedback for future travelers is great. Offseason visits in a 2 bedroom suite, with 2 couples, is a great way to visit the Legendary Napa Valley.

We’ll hope to see you back soon.

Service Express Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!