“Nearly flawless”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Nearly flawless”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a 2 bedroom suite for a girls getaway. I really can't say enough about this hotel.

The location is perfect - you are a blocks away from Napa downtown - this means fabulous shopping and excellent eateries. The area is very safe, and if you happen to feel like walking is too much, they do offer a shuttle.

The pool area is very small, but the day we used it we found it to be fairly empty. They do have cabanas for rent to keep you shaded. Drinks by the pool were super yummy, and the food we sampled was good.

We didn't try the restaurants on property for dinner (so many to choose from in the local area) but their main restaurant does get rave reviews. Breakfast was average - good, but not great. They do have some grab and go options. If you are there for an extended period of time, I recommend picking up some items for the room since it has a full kitchen.

The suite was beautifully appointed. Modern kitchen, spacious living area, and good size deck to relax on. The bedrooms weren't huge, but the Heavenly beds were comfy as always. The Heavenly shower was great too - while not eco-friendly, the second shower head was great!
My one rub is the towels - I expect a little bit higher quality out of a Westin.

Perhaps the best part of this hotel is the staff - from the Valet's, to the Front Desk, to the bartenders (shout out to Sam in particular), we couldn't have asked for better service. I think every person we encountered went above and beyond their job to ensure that our stay at the hotel as well as our experiences outside of the hotel were top notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the great review and feedback for our future guests. We love to hear of the great experiences our guest have at the property and around town. Have a great rest of the year and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our first trip to Napa, and we chose the Westin because they were one of the few properties with a 2-BR suite and because of their location near downtown Napa. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially Levi who assisted in storing our wine and went out of his way to help us when the business center printer failed to print. The hotel was within easy walking distance of ~30 restaurants and numerous tasting rooms. After a long drive to get to Napa, it was wonderful to be able to park the car and explore on foot. Although the hotel is located near a hub of activity, its location along the Napa River is lovely and quiet. The room was spacious and comfortable and the beds are the best! Don't miss the premium wine tastings from 5 to 7 PM--those wines were some of the best we tasted on the trip, and although you're certainly welcome to buy them, we never felt pressured to do so.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the 2BR suites for those who are travelling with family or friends and want a bit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review and 2 bedroom suites are a great way to go with a group of 4 to 6 people. They offer a large amount of space and have a great home like feeling.

We’ll hope to see you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just stayed at the Westin Verasa for my honeymoon and it was a great property with a great location. The staff was wonderful and very welcoming and the location of the property is 1 minute to Oxbow market full of tons of shops and restaurants and 5 minute walk to downtown Napa. I would have to say that the only thing that was disappointing was that there was no special welcome for us being newlyweds. We had stayed in SF after this and they sent wine up to our room. Other than that the hotel was great!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for the great review and feedback for our future guests. I’d also like to congratulate you on your recent wedding and apologize we missed the opportunity to surprise you with a welcoming amenity. Dallas is long trip but we’d love to see you back again on your next visit to the Bay Area.

Orange County, CA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were a family of six that stayed in a two bedroom two bathroom room. The room was really nice! High cielings, full kitchen, big bedrooms, queen pullout couch. More than we expected. I agree with some of the reviewers...customer service wasn't that great. For instance, we asked housekeeping to bring bedding for the pull out couch. I asked for another pillow and the woman kind of gave me attitude that it was adding to her workload for her to go back and get another pillow. Maybe next time she should bring two instead of one. And the sheets on the bed had a stain on it that was clearly visible and made it seem like it was dirty. I would think that a hotel chain as big as the westin could afford to get rid of those sheets instead of reusing them. I asked for a replacement King flat sheet but wasn't given the same type so that was disappointing. They have a house car so we were told that it was available for us in 10 minutes. We rushed out of our hotel room only to wait and wait and wait outside. We were reassured by one valet guy that the car would be here soon. Then a couple came out and another valet guy actually called the driver to find out that he was all the way in Yountville. After waiting 15 minutes outside we had to drive to downtown NAPA (which isn't far but we were already late for our dinner reservation). So if you don't have too much contact with staff, then you should have an enjoyable time. The location is really close to downtown napa so it's a nice walk. You are also near the public market and Model bakery is a good way to start your day for a breakfast sandwich or pastry. You need to try their English Muffin! Back to the westin...they have a gym that we used every day to prepare for the wine calories. My brothers and I had fun playing bocce ball. And they have wine tasting at the hotel every evening!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review and the feedback to future travelers about the positives and negative parts of your stay. I would like to emphasize that service and cleanliness are two of our top priorities and I will be talking to my front desk and housekeeping teams about what can be done differently to ensure that these types of guest concerns are eliminated.

On a positive note, I’m glad to hear that although you had some concerns and issues, you were still able to enjoy your time in Napa.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is in the Oxbow market neighbourhood, where you can find neat little eateries. The Wine Train station is just across the street. Also you can take a ten-minute walk to Main Street, where the major restaurants are. It is a very nice, convenient location.
Service was average, but the valet parking attendants were all very friendly and efficient. The so called daily wine tasting in the lobby was not worth attending though. It was mostly just for one particular winery.
We thought the rate for the hotel was high, but upon comparison, it was no worse than the decent ones in the area.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger, but ask for one that does not face the streets. Rooms facing the garden an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for this great review and feedback for our future guests. I agree that our location is one of my favorite parts of the hotel. It is easy to walk everywhere but removed enough that there is the ability to have a slightly secluded feel in many of the rooms.

Also for those that are thinking of visiting and find the prices a bit high, I would recommend our Cabernet season from late November-May. The rates are lower, the valley is less crowded and the wines are great.

We’ll hope to see you back again soon,
seattle
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Napa valley for our anniversary. Overall I would give this Westin property high marks. We arrived late on an Friday night, and got checked in quickly and up to our room. We had a complimentary plate of chocolate covered strawberries, very nice. Room was clean and very functional for a traditional king size. Picked up some brochures in the lobby for wine tasting tours. Utilized the pool/spa and found them to be very nice. Restaurant for breakfast was great. Complimentary Starbuck coffee for SPG Gold members.

1 Thank vandalboz
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for the review and the feedback for future travelers. Happy anniversary and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

California
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I am a huge SPG fan, and have been visiting the Westin Verasa about once per year since they opened 5 or so years ago. Disappointingly, the service at the hotel has gone way down in the last year or two. The restaurant is still great - very high marks. The hotel cleanliness us good, but the service and staff attitude has gone downhill. In addition, pricing is not teflective of what this is: it is a hotel, not a resort and not the upper tier of wine country accommodation. It is a fine place, but I would look elsewhere and use this as a last resort if you are a discerning traveler.

• Stayed September 2012
I’d like to apologize for the recent negative experiences you had while staying with us and thank you for the feedback you provided. Service is one of our primary focuses and I want to do my best to ensure that this won’t happen again to any future guests. If you would be interested in sharing any specifics on where you experienced service issues I would encourage you to email me directly at nbaslaw@westinnapa.com.

Lastly, I will be passing along your appreciation to our F&B team and I’ll hope to hear from you soon.

Service Express Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!