“Napa Gem”
Review of White House

White House
Ranked #16 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just stayed here for a "mom" getaway and it exceeded my expectations! It had all the romance & charm of a B&B but none of the floral dust ruffles or wallpaper! The room was quiet and comfortable and the furnishings & decor were clean & modern. Breakfast & evening reception were yummy. Walking distance to downtown Napa shops & restaurants. Kim & Zack were unpretentious, friendly hosts that meant it when they said to ask if I needed anything. I never felt "forced" to interact with others and had as much privacy as I wanted. I will be returning with my husband & will definitely use the spa services again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor that was very quiet. 1st floor rooms are close to the front door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my second Bed and Breakfast experience and I really enjoyed it.
We chose this B&B because the rooms are modern and the location was perfect.

PROS:
1. Location: it is in Napa, walking distance from restaurants and downtown Napa.
2. Parking: included and lots of spaces available for your car.
3. Breakfast: One morning we had baked eggs and the other morning it was egg frittata. Other items included fruit parfait, banana bread, fresh fruit. I was so full both morning!
4. Bedroom: the bedrooms are modern, very clean, and comfortable. We both had carry ons so everything fit, however with bigger bags it might be tight.
5. The cookies left at night - loved these
6. The flexibility of the breakfast time.
7. Service: Kim and her son in law were very helpful and nice. Thank you for carrying ym bag up the stairs, and for all your recommendations.

CONS:
none. It was great!

- just a few suggestions: maybe a step should be left in the bathroom since it is hard to get into the shower/tub because it so tall.
- have a more impressive selection of wines during the wine social. We are in Napa so I would expect some wines I might not necessarily be able to get everywhere. Maybe a selection from a few smaller vineyards.

Room Tip: The whole building is very quiet so I think all the rooms would be great. There is no elevator, so...
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Positives: 1) superior customer service. Kim went out of her way to make us comfortable and welcome. 2) really cool property...interior was beautiful, clean, and unique 3) breakfasts were outstanding and cookies in evening were nice.

Negatives: can't really come up with any negatives.

A great experience and hope to return when we finish off all the vino we bought.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a wonderful B & B! Kim is absolutely amazing and she is a wonderful cook! The room was beautiful and the amenities were fabulous! We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Napa.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first time to Napa and I really did not know what to expect. Staying at The White House Inn was a great choice for me and my wife. Kim set us up with a tour on the first day, which was excellent. Three other couples from the hotel were also on the tour so it was a great way to meet some new people and have things to do for the rest of our stay. (it was Platypus tours, if you are wondering) The afternoon "social" was excellent and a great way to meet other travelers. Kim and Zack go out of there way to make sure every guest has all of their needs and run the bed and breakfast like a B&B should be run. The morning breakfasts were excellent with lots of fresh fruit, and a delightful full meal. We actually were having such a good time, we stayed an extra night and were very thankful they had an extra room for us.

Room Tip: Room #7 has a spa and a balcony, but we never used either because we were constantly busy with other...
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I went for a quick trip to try to get rid of some stress. Zach and Zim did a wonderful job helping with that. At about 11:30 the morning we were going to arrive, I got a text from Kim reminding us to book dinner reservations and letting us know she was there if we needed help. Once we actually arrived, Kim was very welcoming. The house and grounds are beautiful. The location is fantastic. We were able to walk to downtown in about 5 minutes. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and bathtub was heavenly. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was my first time in Napa and my first ever stay at a B&B. I just want to say it was an excellent experience. This place set the bar very high for future B&Bs. The service was outstanding and I greatly enjoyed my stay there. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Thanks to Kim and Zack for a wonderful stay!!

Heath and Kristin