“Great time!”

Ranked #16 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reno
“Great time!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure to experience our first time in a B&B at The White House Inn with Kim for our anniversary! We had a great time. Kim was super helpful with reservations and getting us to our destinations. The food was delicious as well as the lemon cookies she leaves out at night. It was a home away from home!

Room Tip: If you want to open your windows the upgrade to the room with a balcony. Worth the extra money!
Jennifer R.,

Thank you so much for taking your time, to share your experience at the White House inn. We appreciate it so much! And thank you for letting us share a small part of your anniversary with both of you. We love getting to visit with our guests!

You obviously will be having more anniversaries ~ we will keep our fingers crossed that some of them might be spent in Napa again! :-)

Take care and please keep in touch.

Inn Keeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Covina, California
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited the White House Inn for our 20 year anniversary. The trip was a gift from our family, and we have never been in a bed and breakfast. We LOVE the feel of a hotel so needless to say we were a little worried. We were welcomed by Zack who was very helpful and showed us our beautiful room. As soon as he opened the door my wife and I both said "wow" which we have only said in like one or two hotel rooms. The room was awesome. It had that old charm but newer decor, with a fancy hotel feel. The grounds were just as amazing. Oh and the balcony, you have to try to get a balcony room for your morning coffee. Even though it was February, the weather in Napa was absolutely perfect. We spent our mornings there with hot coffee that is available 24 hours in the dining room. That was paradise for my wife! Now the breakfast was a complete suprise for me. I am a hearty eater and I walked away satisfied and ready to hit the wineries once we ate, all homemade breakfasts. Another great element was the seating at breakfast, you are not forced to sit with other couples! We had our own table but we ended still meeting some great couples anyways, but it was on our own, nothing forced, that was really a plus! At night the innkeepers leave a breakfast time slot, so if you get up a little late because of getting in a little late, you can let them know exactly when you would like breakfast, they must have know we are late sleepers! Wonderful!

Now let me tell you a little about the Innkeeper Kim, She was the best! She made us feel at so comfortable, like at being at home. We felt like we had already knew her. She served us wine and snacks at the evening social and even hung around to talk and give us suggestions on dinner, wineries etc. I really like that. I had heard some much about the infamous lemon cookies on the reviews but the first night they were oatmeal w/ chocolate ( which were pretty amazing too) I mentioned it to Kim and she made them the next day, even slipping me a few extra! She won me and my stomach over at that point! Thank you Kim, you are going to be a huge success there in Napa! Please take our word and visit you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Second floor on the north end with balcony! Awesome room!
2 Thank BRIAN B
Brian B.,

First off, I still think you must have gotten married when you were both 10, cause there is no way you guys looked old enough to be married for 20 years!!!! Haha (but no, seriously!)

What a special occasion for anyone to get to celebrate and thank you for letting us share a part of it. It was so nice to get to visit with both you and your beautiful wife.

Here's to 20+ more years, but let's not wait that long to come visit us again!

Take care and give Deserie our best.

Powell, Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about the Stunning White House Inn. As most of us know, booking a bed and breakfast can be a bit of a crap shoot. Upon arrival we were instantly put at ease. First, Kim was warm and welcoming from the first minute. The second thing we were stuck by was how absolutely immaculate the room was. Everything was in exceptional order and spotless! Kim hosted us for the evening cocktail hour and proved herself to be a kind and gracious hostess. What's more, she was completely down to earth and provided us with the first truly friendly service we received in wine country. She gave us a great restaurant recommendation for dinner and sent us on our way. We arrived home that evening to be greeted with the most delicious lemon cookies you could ever imagine! Here is the real kicker...when we complemented her on them over her delicious breakfast the next morning, she packed us a bag to bring home to our 1 year old son whom we had been talking about the night before. This hotel was an A+ on every level and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a true getaway in Napa.

Room Tip: We were in #2 and it was fabulous!
1 Thank Meghan S
Meghan S.,

Oh Meghan, you don't know just how much I enjoyed you and Jason. We still joke each day about "feed the wine......" hahaha

Thank you for sending me the picture of Griffin eating his lemon cookie ~ loved it ~ glad it made it home for him.

Sure hope you get back to see us again, I would love to see you guys again.

Take care and please keep in touch!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

As walk-ins, we were greeted with a warm reception... Kim was super! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spectacular and the breakfast was the best we had on our Californian trip. If you are in the Napa area, be sure to stop in!
Gilbert and Carole

Room Tip: Room 1 is the first room in ... With front window at the end of the patio. If you are a light sleepe...
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed in the White House Inn and Spa during a recent trip to Napa, and I couldn't believe how amazing the staff was! With Kim (who normally runs the inn) out, Zack was left in charge. He was courteous, attentive, helpful, and very professional. You'd have thought we were the only guests in the inn (which we weren't). Zack knew a lot about the region, and was able to give helpful advice. The breakfast each day was amazing -- including homemade "muffins" that were out of this world. The evening mixer was a fun way to socialize with other guests. And the homemade cookies that awaited our return from dinner was the prefect way to cap off a great day in Napa. Thanks guys!

NY, NY
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing week in Napa and it all started with our greeting at this Inn. Zack and Kim were so warm and gracious from the start. They offered us great suggestions for things to do in Napa and because of that we had a very memorable week. The Inn is gorgeous and very well maintained. Kim and Zack prepared a lovely breakfast for us every morning and upon our departure they even gave us some baked pastries to take with us. If we find our way back to Napa in the future this is where we will be staying.

Diana~

Dee D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review for us. We certainly appreciate all of your kind words.

Zack and I enjoy what we do and whenever we can help to make one of our guest's stay a little better, well that is the bonus!

We will look forward to the day that you and Ottaviano make it back to see us!

Keep In touch!

Union City, California
Reviewed February 20, 2013

From the moment my partner and I entered the inn we were treated warmly by Kim and felt very welcome to make ourselves at home. The inn's evening wine tasting and appetizer pairing was a fun and social way to start off our vacation. We then enjoyed the beautiful landscape from our balcony, and made our way down to relax and have drink in the inn's jacuzzi. After getting ready in our gorgeous room, we made the 10 minute walk to sightsee in downtown Napa. Upon our late return were the most delicious freshly made cookies I've ever had. This Valentine's Day trip could not have more perfect! We'll undoubtably be back- even if it's just for one night.

Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Tara T.,

At the end of a long day ~ your review was exactly what I needed to hear!! Thank you!!!! I am so happy you enjoyed yourselves. We love to meet our guests and really do enjoy doing all that we can, to make their stay a memorable one. Thank you for sharing your comments with others.

We look forward to seeing you again ~ keep in touch!

Kim