“Falling in love with the Inn was easy. We're coming back!”
Review of White House

White House
Ranked #16 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast; one of the best my husband and I have been to.

Zach was extremely hospitable right from the beginning of our inquiries. He answers all your questions and is very knowledgeable. Since we're from NY, we were unfamiliar with the area and "what to do" in Napa Valley. Zach was made several recommendations and helped us with reservations for our bike tour in Napa Valley, which we highly recommend! It was never on our bucket list, but we are sure happy we did it. He also was very accommodating as my husband and I wanted a room with some kind of view and fortunately we got the room overlooking the pool.

Kim is an amazing host. I don't know how she does it! It seems like hosting was her calling because I don't know of anyone that can do such a great job at hosting and keep smiling. She's really such a warm person and you see that as soon as she welcomes you into the Inn. Anything we needed, she bent over backwards to get it. She really is one of a kind!

Breakfast was delicious, mouthwatering. They even try and meet your dietary needs. That's a plus!

The Inn was very close to a lot of boutiques and Napa Valley downtown restaurants. You could take a nice stroll and enjoy the tranquility of the neighborhood.

The Inn was extremely clean and it exceeded my expectation as I have a huge OCD with cleanliness. It always smelled fresh too! It's quaint and charming. It even has a space in the backyard by the pool area to get a wonderful full body massage which we highly recommend! I'm still dreaming about that vacation. My husband and I definitely plan on returning next year.

Some prominent wineries are within a short driving distance.

Wine lovers,
L & T

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Linjen P.,

Thank you for your kind words. I have to agree with you about Zack, he is certainly a keeper! I learned that many years ago.

I loved to hear everything you loved about our place but my favorite thing was hearing you would be back next year! Woo Hoo! Be sure to give us a call when you are ready, and we will try and get you the same room, or something similar.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were there for two nights mid-September . Before we even arrived, Kim and Zack were helping us plan our visit with helpful (and welcoming emails). Upon arriving, we were blown away by the personal service and attention to detail. They go out of their way to ensure that your stay in Napa is a great experience. I cannot possibly exaggerate the dedication, friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Maybe some B&B's need a great staff to compensate for a shabby property. Not so at the White House. It feels like a five-star hotel. Incredible landscape maintenance. Our room (2nd floor w/porch) was spacious and uber-comfortable. The location is perfect for a walk into downtown Napa. It was our first trip to wine country, and the White House made it special. Someday, we'll be back!

mke_tripper,

What amazing compliments you give us! You totally made my day. Trust me, we enjoyed hosting you, just as much as you enjoyed being here! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review for us and we hope to see you again, at The White House Inn & Spa!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Honestly, where do I begin with this awesome B&B? The grounds were beautiful, flowers in full bloom. Our room (#1) was decorated superbly with all the amenities & comforts of home needed, including a flatscreen TV, fireplace & comfy bed. The personal welcome note & chocolates made us feel special that started our stay on a high note & we never came down. The location is perfect for walking to dinner, but rides were graciously offered. The staff, Kim & Zach, were courteous & helpful, handling requests with a text or in person, timely, going out of their way in every way possible. Coupons offfered at the front door, helped us decide which wineries to visit. The "welcome" gathering was a perfect start of our night including appitizers & a huge variety of wine. The homemade cookies after returning from dinner topped off the night. Our room with high ceilings, had a view out the front & was very quiet. Our "made to order breakfast" was delicous & fit for a king (& queen!) Our only regret was not being able to stay longer. Thank you for a wonderful memory. I have recommended to friends..hoping they can have a memorable experience like we did! What a way to celebrate 37 years of marriage in style! (our stay was 8/18/12) We will return some day in the future!

Room Tip: Room #1 is on ground level, quiet, perfect in every way.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

SnJJ J,

Your review is incredible ~ thank you!! You covered just about everything we offer and hope that each and every guest gets to feel.

So many couples come here for their anniversary and we just love to hear about all of your years together. 37 years ~ certainly a couple to look up to!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with future guests. We are looking forward to seeing you again, maybe for your 40th.

Keep in touch!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

How fortunate my quest for a B&B during the harvest season would lead me to the end of the alphabet and the best weekend ever! White House Inn is in a perfect location - close to top notch dining and a quick jaunt to Silverado Trail and far less traffic in the winery odyssey. Kim and Zach were so accomodating, friendly and warm. They helped us schedule a great tour, a shuttle to airport, besides the wonderful extras of wine and cheese and warm cookies waiting for us at the end of the day. The breakfast buffet on the weekend was stocked full of yummy homemade treats and Monday was made to order and more than Grandma could have made. Our mom/daughter getaway was perfect and the hot tub at White House Inn with a glass of wine was the best ending every day.

Room Tip: The pool was inviting but the weekend was on the cool side. The hot tub was lovely. We never neede...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Missy P.,

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I am so glad that you chose to have your mother/daughter weekend with us. I enjoyed watching you all have such a good time and thinking how fortunate you are to have such an amazing relationship with each other.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again, the next time you come to Napa.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a wonderful property!! My husband and I stayed September 2012 and had a fantastic time. Kim and Zach were were wonderful hosts. Room 8 was wonderful, clean, big and overlooked the wonderful garden and pool. The special touches of warm cookies when you arrived home after dinner, the chocolates in your room upon arrival, the social hour, wines to taste, and the rides to the restaurants when running behind were really appreciated. This B&B is beautifuly decorated, you don't feel that you are in some old relatives home. The rooms/guests were very quite. The food was great, and I agree the lemon cookies were amazing!

Room Tip: Room 8 has a King bed and jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

jjtd1556,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. It was so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to Napa and staying at our Inn.

We enjoy getting to meet our guests and enjoy being your host even more.

If your plans ever having you returning to the Napa area again, please give me a call personally and I will be happy to make you some more lemon cookies!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Wonderful Inn and Innkeeper! Absolutely charming decor, it gave me lots of ideas for home! FANTASTIC lemon cookies, I still dream about! So close to town, a nice walk and lovely people in Napa - locals and tourist! Happy hour is such a nice way to meet the other guests and share your favorite highlights from a day of fun. Kim, Ali and Zack were great! Beautiful grounds and home!

Room Tip: Room #7 has a lovely balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

MLW312,

A great big THANK YOU!!! We enjoyed hosting you, as much as you enjoyed our hospitality! Special thanks from Ali & Zack ~ they appreciated the shout out.

I appreciate you taking the time to do a review of your stay ~ your comments may just influence a future guest to choose us and for that, we are so incredibly thankful!

Hope to see you again on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in room 7 for one night (09.03.2012) and the experience was top notch. Kim, Zack and Ali were all fantastic. The location is great with downtown Napa just a couple of blocks away, but that doesn't stop Kim from offering to drop you off downtown if need be. It was also nice to know that she was available via text if we needed anything or if our plans changed. The food she prepared for the evening social and breakfast was all fantastic (especially the pizza dip). The two-person jetted tub worked great and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in.

If I absolutely had to point out and quibbles, I'd say it would've been nice to have a mini-fridge in the room (which really wasn't a huge deal since we didn't have anything that needed cooling plus there were complimentary drinks right outside our door) and also our room felt a tiny bit smaller than rooms we've stayed in at other B&Bs. I'm willing to bet that Kim would have gladly kept something in their refrigerator for us had we asked.

This place is fantastic, book here with confidence.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and 14 have an adjoining balcony. Also, both are closest to the mini-fridge stocked with com...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Vince V.,

WOW!!!! What an incredibly nice review. Ali, Zack and myself all did the "awe, that was so nice"! :-) We really appreciate you taking the time to share your visit with other Tripadvisor members. We want guests to hear what others have experienced while staying with us, so they can decide if we are the place for them.

We hope you get back to Napa again ~ not too far from Sacramento! :-) Hint Hint!! And hope we get to see you when you do.

Thanks again!