“SCAM!! Rent from the other two places in Lake Berryessa!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Berryessa Boat & Jet Ski Rentals

Lake Berryessa Boat & Jet Ski Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Lake Berryessa Boat and Jet Ski Rentals is one of the premiere Boat & Jet Ski Rentals located in northern California, at Lake Berryessa. We have quality Boat and Jet Ski and WaveRunner available to rent. We rent Ski Sanger Wakeboard / Water Ski /wake Surf Boats, Yamaha WaveRunner / Jet skis, 25 to 30 foot Pontoon / Patio Boats, with BBQs, 16 foot Fishing Boats, single, double Kayaks and Paddle Boards. We also sell and rent Wakeboards, Water Skis, Wake Surf Boards, Knee Boards and Towable Tubes. We can deliver the boats and jet skis to just about any location on Lake Berryessa and some of our equipment can be picked up by our customers and rented for multiple days. And we have better hours at our new location.
San Jose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“SCAM!! Rent from the other two places in Lake Berryessa!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Ciao guys, some our friends and I rented from this "boat rental company" last w.end and first of all i have to say this is not an experience i wouldnt even want my worst enemy to go through!!! As a frequent camping and outdoors person this was by no were means a relaxing w.end away thanks to the cowboys in question.
We ended up having to pay a double fuel charge and a apparentlly large scrape underneath this small cruise boat.

The way we were treated was a Disgrace,they said the scratch was underneath and wasnt possible for the customer to view but was posssible for one of there workers to dive and claim it was there.After along wait and arguing with these cowboys,we ended up paying just for the reason that we were standing arguing for over two hours!!!!!

I must stress that a [--] COVERED PIG wouldnt have got the treatment that me and my friends got!!

10 Thank Robeto

Hermosa Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very Disorganized Company - Triple Check Everything!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We rented a Patio Boat for 12 people for 4th July weekend, we were happy with their rates and after speaking with their staff a few times decided to confirm. I gave my Credit Card details over the phone and was told they would charge me half now and half on the day of rental, which was fine. I called back about a week later to confirm all details (Thank God I did) and was told they did not have a note of my reservation, even though my Credit Card had already been charged.

After a few phone calls back and forward they told me they could confirm a patio boat for the Friday and give us 2 smaller boats for the Saturday, this was not ideal, but given that it was July 4th weekend we were not going to find anything else.

The night before we were due to leave we received a phonecall from Marty, the manager to say that the patio boat we had rented with the BBQ had broke and that they did not have anything else with a BBQ. At this stage we had been to Costco and spent $500 on BBQ food. After more discussions the only thing they could offer us was the patio boat without a bbq and a jetski for free for a couple of hours!!! Completely ridiculous but what could we do only accept. Rather than waste the food and starve we decided to bring our own bbq.

When we got there, Marty the manger was not there, there were about 5 other staff members there, mainly teenagers, who did not have clue and could not get in touch with Marty, After signing all paperwork we eventually set off and managed to have a good day apart from a couple of mishaps, the BBQ we brought with us burnt a little hole in the carpet and we had 2 small dents in the jetski.

Upon returning the boat we were told the damage we had caused would be $1700.00 – ($700 more than the $1000 deposit we had already paid). We were willing to settle at losing our $1000 deposit but $1700 was ridiculous. After a lot of arguing we eventually persuaded him to drop this to $1200.00 and we cancelled the rental for the next day, they wanted $1000 deposit per boat, we would have been stupid to risk losing another $2000.00

I’m not saying do not book with this company, I am just saying that if you do, please make sure you double and triple check all details, be prepared for lots of disorganization and last minute cancellations. Be extremely careful with all equipment, I think it is nearly impossible not to leave a mark on a jetski. In my opionion your deposit is their profit and they are determined to find some kind of scratch for which they can bill you!!!!

9 Thank pmal08
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best boat rental ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

I've been renting boats from this company for the past 10 years with no problem. My family and I rent there 2 or 3 times a summer and we have always had the best times. The equipment is always like new. This company has boat and jetski lifts so they can show you the hull underneath the equipment before you rent it. The employees are very helpful and friendly they always give complete instructions.
My family has always felt very safe renting here and we will continue to return year after year.

1 Thank syogle
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Be Careful - They will steal your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

I had one of the worse experiences in a long time with this boat rental. A few days after we returned the boat, I noticed that my deposit was not fully refunded and that they had kept $50. After a week of calling, I finally got a hold of the manager, Marty.

I explained that we had been very gentle with the boat and that it is very unlikely that we scratched it. His response was basically that I was wrong and that he doesn't care what I think. After I brought up the fact that they had 7 complaints on records with the better business bureau, he said, and I quote "that doesn't bother us!". Needless to say, they ended up ripping us off and keeping the extra $50. I would definitely recommend using another place if you want to rent boats or jet skis and spear yourself the rude staff and the high possibility of being ripped off.

11 Thank ottawasmarties