“Worth a look”
Review of Pine Ridge Winery

Pine Ridge Winery
Ranked #24 of 197 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: With meticulous attention to detail and a knowledge developed over 30 years of continuity, Pine Ridge Vineyards produces hand-crafted Chardonnays and Bordeaux blends that showcase 225 acres of estate vineyards across the Napa Valley. Poised and balanced, these finely-crafted wines reflect a distinctly classic style, serving as an elegant complement to food today or aging gracefully into the future.Visit us in the heart of Napa Valley's Stags Leap district to taste our award-winning wines, schedule a tour of our Cabernet caves or a food and wine pairing seminar, or have us host your next business event.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pine Ridge has a nice property and tasting room, though it is fairly small and can become cramped when completely full. We opted to try both the $20 standard tasting and the $40 estate tasting, and found our pourer to be friendly and knowledgeable about the wines, but distracted by having too many customers. She didn't leave us with empty glasses for too long, but wasn't around to chat much either.

As for the tastings, the standard wines are ok, but not that great. The estate wines are generally good, but are priced as if they were great, unfortunately ($80-$140) The most notable wines include the current Howell Mountain and Stags Leap cabs. The Andrus Reserve is a very nice wine, but overpriced compared to similar flagship bottles from competing wineries.

Pine Ridge is worth a look, especially for "comparison tasting" with other wineries in the area, if you have the coin for the estate menu. I wouldn't bother doing the standard menu though... Spend that $20 bucks elsewhere, or split the estate menu with a friend

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We attend the Pine Ridge Winery TGIF event. What a fun time! The music was really good. The wine kept flowing as well as heavy appetizers. The staff was so friendly and we met some really nice people at the event. Wish I lived in the area -- I would attend the event every time they have it.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The tour guide was nice and very informative. The walk in the constructed cave was standard and the wine tasting at a large round table in the center of the caves with cheese and crackers was a nicer setting than the normal tasting room with items to purchase. The lady like the $250 a bottle of wine best.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Save this one for last! Jennifer & the gang do this right. Wonderful tour with demonstration vineyards, production facilities and the caves. Our group of 10 was hosted to the formal tasting in the cave with 3 awesome reds and a plate of fine cheese & crackers showcasing the various wine attributes. Probably the only wine tasting tour I'd repeat.

2  Thank Matt C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have now done this tour of the Winery twice and I can tell you it is worth the price of admission. The first time was a year ago where a friend took me. I enjoyed the tour so much that I took my wife there on our Honeymoon this last December. The staff is very first class and very knowledgeable. They start the tour outside amongst the vines and give a brief history of the Napa area and the grapes. Next it’s inside and into the caves. An amazing experience and the atmosphere is very cool. Once in the central cave one is treated to a tasting along with some very nicely matched cheeses for each wine.

One will learn much on this tour and as a side benefit taste some amazing wines that they produce. Enjoy.