“Exactly what I hoped for”
Review of Stags' Leap Winery

Stags' Leap Winery
Ranked #33 of 190 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stags' Leap Winery is truly a hidden gem in the highly acclaimed Stags Leap District. Located off a long, private road, our nineteenth-century stone winery and Victorian era Manor House are nestled against the Stags Leap Palisades east of the Silverado Trail. We invite you to make a reservation and visit this magical place with its beautiful gardens and stylish wines including the award-winning field blend, Ne Cede Malis, and opulent "The Leap" and "Audentia" Cabernet Sauvignon. We are open by appointment only and are unable to accommodate drop in guests due to traffic restrictions on our private road.
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Exactly what I hoped for”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff was very warm and welcoming and informative. The patio seating was comfortable and charming and the wine was delicious. They provided me and my in-town friends with a wonderful experience. I heard it gets more crowded towards the end of the day, so we made it our first stop and it was very comfortable. A bit pricey, but hey, you pay for what you get. I highly recommend!! I even became a member that day and the $25 tasting fee for each of my 5 friends was waved.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wow, wow, wow”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I don't think I could have been more fortunate than to go to Stags' Leap for my first vineyard visit. My husband and I were completely charmed by the whole visit. You have to want to find this winery, it is tucked back on a private road, and there are no signs. The manor house is amazing. The history of the property is wonderful. The staff is warm and friendly. I could have sat on the front porch and just enjoyed the beauty of the property. However we did try the wine, and it just couldn't get any better.

They staged the tastings at different points of the tour. Each part of the property is unique, and each wine we tasted was outstanding.

I have never joined a wine club, but I joined theirs, and look forward to my next visit.

Awesome job Javier! Thanks for taking such great care of us.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hrncirwr
Monterey, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Classic Winery in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

While on a scooter after foot surgery, we attended a family event in Napa and resolved to take in at least one winery and Stag's Leap it was. Great choice. Disabled parking was right in the back of the tasting room, staff was so helpful! While the flights were pricey, a $15 four tasting and a $30 Estate five tastings - we did both and enjoyed taking our time sipping and sharing under the shade of a well established oak tree. Our dog was welcome on the patio with a fresh bowl of water and the grounds are lovely to stroll or picnic. We will be back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank talk2thepawz
North Vancouver, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Classic winery, good wine”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

If you only have time (or the budget) for one or two winery visits, this is a great one to hit. One of the originals that put Napa on the map and started the wine revolution of the '70s, it's a cool place to taste some of California's best and not too far from downtown Napa. The tastings are pricey, $15 to $30 depending on which wines, but worth it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CLandrock
Dallas, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“First time and won't be the last!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been enjoying this winery's Petit Syrah for nearly 10 years. I did call about 3 months in advance to set-up the tour. Let me tell you, I will visit this winery on every trip to Napa going forward. One of the best Merlots, the "40 Block Merlot," is to die for and the Barrell Select Chardonnay is AMAZING! Btw, Bonnie, our tour and tasting guide was worth the $55 fee alone! She tells the story and history of the winery and main house without losing your attention for a second! I will most definitely be returning! Thanks Bonnie!!

Visited November 2013