“Wow, wow, wow”

Stags' Leap Winery
Ranked #28 of 195 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stags' Leap Winery is truly a hidden gem in the highly acclaimed Stags Leap District. Located off a long, private road, our nineteenth-century stone winery and Victorian era Manor House are nestled against the Stags Leap Palisades east of the Silverado Trail. We invite you to make a reservation and visit this magical place with its beautiful gardens and stylish wines including the award-winning field blend, Ne Cede Malis, and opulent "The Leap" and "Audentia" Cabernet Sauvignon. We are open by appointment only and are unable to accommodate drop in guests due to traffic restrictions on our private road.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I don't think I could have been more fortunate than to go to Stags' Leap for my first vineyard visit. My husband and I were completely charmed by the whole visit. You have to want to find this winery, it is tucked back on a private road, and there are no signs. The manor house is amazing. The history of the property is wonderful. The staff is warm and friendly. I could have sat on the front porch and just enjoyed the beauty of the property. However we did try the wine, and it just couldn't get any better.

They staged the tastings at different points of the tour. Each part of the property is unique, and each wine we tasted was outstanding.

I have never joined a wine club, but I joined theirs, and look forward to my next visit.

Awesome job Javier! Thanks for taking such great care of us.

1  Thank Hrncirwr

Reviewed January 19, 2014

While on a scooter after foot surgery, we attended a family event in Napa and resolved to take in at least one winery and Stag's Leap it was. Great choice. Disabled parking was right in the back of the tasting room, staff was so helpful! While the flights were pricey, a $15 four tasting and a $30 Estate five tastings - we did both and enjoyed taking our time sipping and sharing under the shade of a well established oak tree. Our dog was welcome on the patio with a fresh bowl of water and the grounds are lovely to stroll or picnic. We will be back.

1  Thank talk2thepawz
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

If you only have time (or the budget) for one or two winery visits, this is a great one to hit. One of the originals that put Napa on the map and started the wine revolution of the '70s, it's a cool place to taste some of California's best and not too far from downtown Napa. The tastings are pricey, $15 to $30 depending on which wines, but worth it.

1  Thank CLandrock
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've been enjoying this winery's Petit Syrah for nearly 10 years. I did call about 3 months in advance to set-up the tour. Let me tell you, I will visit this winery on every trip to Napa going forward. One of the best Merlots, the "40 Block Merlot," is to die for and the Barrell Select Chardonnay is AMAZING! Btw, Bonnie, our tour and tasting guide was worth the $55 fee alone! She tells the story and history of the winery and main house without losing your attention for a second! I will most definitely be returning! Thanks Bonnie!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The weather was overcast and kind of windy, but that didn't stop us from having a fabulous tour of this winery. Our tour guide, Scott, was knowledgeable, about wines in general and Stags' Leap wine in particular. He also knew all about the history of the winery and fielded all our questions easily. The wines were excellent as well. Scott described them as elegant and I think that's a perfect word to use. I'm normally not a red wine drinker, because they are often too bold or "in your face", so I really liked the subtlety of these wines.

It is true that tours are only twice a day and by appointment only, but it was worth it.

Do not confuse this winery with Stag's Leap Wine Cellars - they are both located in the Stag's Leap District and are on the Silverado Trail. Apparently there was a legal battle over the name and the courts decided that one could use "Stags' Leap" and the other "Stag's Leap". Totally confusing. I think that some of the other reviewers may have confused the two as this winery doesn't produce the Artemis Cab.

1  Thank Marcia H