“Excellent wine tour with excellent guidance from the staff”
Review of Chimney Rock

Chimney Rock
Ranked #34 of 207 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We invite you to experience our stunning Cape Dutch inspired estate: nestled beneath the magnificent Palisades, our property cuts an impressive figure against the dominant red wine grapes we are known for, planted in the volcanic soil of Stags Leap. Join us and enjoy delicious estate wines, warm and generous hospitality, and breathtaking views of the Napa Valley; or, elevate your experience with a reservation for a behind the scenes tour & tasting. Here is Cabernet Sauvignon like no other. In the acclaimed Stags Leap District of Napa Valley, Chimney Rock Winery transforms the enticing potential of the world’s most exalted varietal into riveting reality. The ingredients: family ownership with a global perspective and a steadfast dedication to quality; a property where ideal growing conditions and careful nurture combine to deliver ripe, concentrated grapes; and a winemaker whose passion for her craft blends science, artistry and intuition, to produce graceful, richly textured wines.
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I would highly suggest you visit to chimney rock winery in Napa. The staff was very helpful. The scenery around the location was superb. Close proximity to everything including hotels and restaurants. Also the wine in service is excellent

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"vertical tasting"
"stags leap"
in 9 reviews
"knowledgeable and friendly staff"
"great wine"
"anniversary trip"
"beautiful property"
"another couple"

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Today was the first winery that I have been to where I was disappointed. I am a local napa neighbor and have been to a lot of wineries since moving here in September. I am also taking classes at Sonoma State for Wine Business and I was just shocked.

At first I do want to say thegreeter out front was great! She was super friendly and nice. Walking up I figured that we would have a great experience. When we walked into the tasting room it was not overcrowded but was a good busy flow. The lady that came up to us seemed to be friendly but because my parents like only whites we went with the white tasting. She also told me that as a Napa neighbor its a 2 for 1 which I haven't heard this before.

So as we started tasting I felt like we were automatically labelled into a lower category because of the fact that the white wines were cheaper and she wasn't talking to us or friendly. I tried asking questions about the wines and unfortunately she didn't seem to know a lot. She couldn't tell me what the hints were and all she said was, the 2009 Sauvignon Gris was more elegant than the 2010. Then she couldn't find the Elevage 2010 so she skipped it. At this point I wanted to leave and I have never felt like this at a winery. Then as we were tasting the Rose Merlot I heard her ask a guy to get the Elevage 2010, which he did and then she didn't ask us to taste it.

At this point I was so upset that I told her I would pay for the tasting and I didn't want any wines. Knowing that I want to work in the wine industry and currently work as a Regional Manager and customer service is a huge part of my business I would never refer anyone to this winery.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Chimney Rock has a very nice property and the main tasting room has tons of character. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable, and dogs are welcome here.

I've been here many times, and I like their higher end single vineyard Cabs the best, but of course they are pricey at $85+ so I usually buy the more basic Cab blend. The Elevage series is also very popular with the regulars, and I really haven't had any reds here I didn't like.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Chimney Rock wines are high end wines. Their tasting experience is also high-end. These professionsals know their history, their wines and are happy to show it to you. We bought a few wines and are looking forward to drinking them. This is our second visit to Chimney Rock and it doesn't disappoint.