“Vista Dome car is a must!”

Napa Valley Wine Train
Book In Advance
More Info
$146.00*
and up
Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch
Ranked #11 of 223 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Napa Valley Wine Train provides a relaxing three-hour, thirty-six mile round-trip journey from the historic town of Napa, through one of the world's most well known wine valleys to the quaint village of St. Helena, and back.Guests aboard the Wine Train enjoy a freshly prepared lunch or dinner inside a fully restored 1917 Pullman Dining Car or 1952 Vista Dome car as they pass the vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley. They also have the option of pre-purchasing a winery tour.
Tempe
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Vista Dome car is a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was a wonderful, fun time for my husband and myself. We decided to splurge and book the Vista Dome car and were thrilled we did! The service and food were both outstanding! Hubby had the beef tenderloin meal and I enjoyed a fantastic fish special. We had done quite a bit of wine tasting the days before so after our "included" drink, my husband had a beer and I enjoyed the most delicious "Wine Train Mary". So don't be afraid to order something else if you so desire. I can see that at other times of the year, it might get dark early and you can't see much, but in the summer, it stayed light out until about the last half hour. Then it was quite romantic so we got the best of both worlds. It goes as far as St Helena and it was fun to watch the engine go on by on the next track to reconnect to go back. I was wondering how that was going to work out. I didn't know if the whole train turned around or what. Between the main meal and dessert, we were able to walk the rest of the train including areas that had open windows. Although nice, the Vista Dome care was best because the seats are elevated. The working kitchen is under (you can't hear anything). Everything is well managed and they have it down to a science. Enjoy...you'll be glad you did.

San Antonio, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We got our reservations online a few weeks prior to going on the Wine Train. I recommend doing this, especially if you want the $30 upgrade to the Vista Dome car. We were celebrating our anniversary and this was a fabulous and unique way to do it. The food and service were impeccable. The views of the Napa Valley vineyards and countryside were awesome. I can't imagine a better way to celebrate a special occasion.

As much as we enjoyed the entire experience, I have a couple of "howevers." The cost of dinner in the Vista Dome car is $149. This includes one glass of wine for a trip that lasts more than three hours. If you want more, you have to pay a minimum of $10 per glass. Also, the cost does not include gratuity. While these things are disclosed on the website, some people may end up being surprised.

1 Thank satxgrillguy
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great food, wine and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We did the Vista Dome lunch with Chandon tour. The food and service (and wine) was excellent - the wines quite well priced. Tour of the Chandon vineyard was also excellent, a proper tour and you get to keep the glasses. Do be aware that if dining in Vista Dome but doing a tour you may be seated with another party - we didnt realise this but the very helpful waitress soon sorted it out.

Patterson, California
“What a Wonderful Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We celebrated a combination of our 30th Anniversary, my Aunts Birthday and Fathers Day with a group of 8 of us for lunch. What a very special day it was! The food was amazing with a nice variety to choose from. The staff was so friendly and very helpful. After lunch we were seated in the lounge where we were able to relax and enjoy the scenery and each others company. Would definitely take tis trip again!!!

El Reno, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I came to San Francisco to celebrate his 60th birthday. We took the ferry to Napa Valley then shuttle to the Wine Train. Everything went perfect. The train, the staff, the wine and the food were exceptional! A wonderful unique experience all around for a couple from Oklahoma. Worth the price!

1 Thank Laura K