“Book your reservation!”

and up
Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch
Ranked #10 of 246 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Napa Valley Wine Train provides a relaxing three-hour, thirty-six mile round-trip journey from the historic town of Napa, through one of the world's most well known wine valleys to the quaint village of St. Helena, and back.Guests aboard the Wine Train enjoy a freshly prepared lunch or dinner inside a fully restored 1917 Pullman Dining Car or 1952 Vista Dome car as they pass the vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley. They also have the option of pre-purchasing a winery tour.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you are considering the wine train as something to do while in Napa, stop considering and make a reservation! I booked a party of 8 for my bachelorette party for the Gourmet Dinner and we had a lot of dietary restrictions, gluten free/vegan, vegetarians, fish eaters/non-fish eaters, the whole lot. Wanting to make sure everyone had something to eat and not knowing what to expect, I kept calling and making updates to my reservation. Each time I called, the representative I spoke with was very professional, courteous and willing to do what I requested.
Turns out there is a menu of items to choose from (veggy, fish, chicken, beef, you name it). A choice of soup or salad (the asparagus soup was amazing!), and the appetizer! Calamari, bread, jams, cheeses, spreads! Lots of great food and well worth the price!
The service was amazing and the ride was beautiful! I absolutely recommend you call and book. You won't regret it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,901)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"napa valley"
in 504 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2014

A bit disappointed with the views, first 1/2 hour into the ride is the back side of businesses, then alongside the highway. Food was excellent. One small glass of wine served BEFORE your meal and while I do realize it is Napa we dropped an additional $40 bucks for two drinks and tip. Service was good. This was my second time on the train and I remember we got to sample wine during orientation...not this trip.

1  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had a great time on the train, truly a gourmet experience. The scenery was lovely and the winery tour was a nice experience. Interestingly enough however we didn't care much for the wine and the particular winery we toured although it was a great place. We found other wines more to our liking. That is the great thing about the valley though, plenty of choices out there.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Recently my wife and I took a trip on the Napa Valley Wine Train. A gourmet restaurant on wheels, just doesn't describe the journey. First you are on a vintage train with eight cars in tow, completely renovated in period decorations. The staff are all dressed in black vests and ties. Second, you are about to take trip into some of the best scenery in California's Central Valley. So, sit back and enjoy the ride. The trip lasts about 3 hours (1-1/2 hours out and then return) and you pass many different Wineries along the way. The food and wine selections were excellent. There are three levels of food/car selections, so check out their website and make your choice. One thing to keep in mind, all of these rides sell out quickly, so plan and make early reservations.