“Riding the rails!”

$146.00*
Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch
$266.00*
and up
Napa Valley Wine Train from San Francisco: Gourmet Lunch, Wine Tasting and...
$206.00*
Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch, Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tours
Ranked #10 of 236 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Napa Valley Wine Train provides a relaxing three-hour, thirty-six mile round-trip journey from the historic town of Napa, through one of the world's most well known wine valleys to the quaint village of St. Helena, and back.Guests aboard the Wine Train enjoy a freshly prepared lunch or dinner inside a fully restored 1917 Pullman Dining Car or 1952 Vista Dome car as they pass the vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley. They also have the option of pre-purchasing a winery tour.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Always something fun to do in Napa. The wine train is a great way to spend a few hours having drinks and dinner. I think the evening trip can be romantic, but you don't see much outside.

There are newer reviews for Napa Valley Wine Train

Reviewed November 9, 2012

From the moment we arrived we had fun. We started with some wine tasting, did not care for what they chose, but they did tell us about wines and how to judge them. The food was delicious, and the wine tours very informational

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had the goumet express lunch. Go early so you can do the wine tasting at the station before you enter the train. The sevice during the trip was great. The interior of the train is exquisite. You have alot of entree choices. Don't forget to purchase your wine when booking your tour. I recommend booking in advance.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went on the wine train Friday night dinner and had a fabulous time. They had a drawing for a free wine tasting on the train by having the guest text to a number and then they called one lucky guest. We first had appetizers and drinks in the first car, shrimp, vegetables, artisan cheeses, and smoked chicken. On the way back to Napa we were moved to the dining car and we had the Salmon and beef tenderloin, both were perfect, I loved the gentle rocking of the train as it moved. This is my second trip on the Napa Valley Wine Train and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I went on the dinner wine train, in the Vista Dome Car, on a Friday night in late October. This is a very expensive outing and I would not recommend spending the money unless it is daylight for the entire journey, allowing you to truly appreciate the ride. We made the mistake of booking the dinner, and since it was late October, it was dark for the entire ride. So basically, we had a decent dinner on a beautifully restored train for 3 hours. With all of the exceptional restaurants in the area, it really was not worth the expense. However, if it had been daylight and you could see the beautiful scenery, I think we would have enjoyed it a lot more. Everything was very well organized, the food was good, and the service was top notch. Dinner was soup or salad, appetizer, intermezzo, entrée and dessert. There was a complimentary glass of champagne, but beyond that alcohol was an additional charge. Tip was also extra (and well deserved because the service was truly wonderful). During daylight hours, I think this would be a very relaxing way to sit back and see Napa Valley. It’s simply not worth the very high price at night.

4  Thank Christina342