“Fabulous food and service!!”
Review of Cucina Italiana

Cucina Italiana
Ranked #62 of 307 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Follow us on Facebook: Cucina Italiana at Lake Berryessa Hours are WEDNESDAY,THURSDAY,FRIDAY, SATURDAY & SUNDAY 11:30am to 9:00 pm Bocce & Patio is open
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This restaurant is a gem! We found out about it on Tripadvisor and decided to go for a drive and give it a try. The outside of restaurant has a very pretty grape arbor and the inside is decorated nicely. We were greeted by a gentleman who I assume is the owner, he took our order and he prepared the meal.

We started out by sharing the Caprese and were glad we did because of the large portion that was served. My husband ordered the salmon ravioli and I ordered the beef ravioli and both dishes were outstanding!

I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try if you are in the vicinty of Napa. It is worth making the drive.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

OK, I’m biased. My grandparents, aunts & uncles & parents are all born in Italy. I go to Italy every year & mostly to enjoy the food. The Italian sections in SF’s North Beach and NY & Boston’s Little Italy have very few restaurants with native born Italians & even 1st & 2nd generation Italians in the kitchen. Most of the cooks are Latins and although trained by Italians, for me there is nothing that can compared to the cooking of a native born Italian.

When we come here, and it’s 1 1/2 hr drive each way (75 miles), the experience is like we’ve been invited to a family member’s house for lunch/dinner. The chef/owner, busy as he may be, always has time to come to the table & explain ingredients in specials. He visits the tables frequently too to make sure everybody is happy with their meals. He is extremely personable as is his wife and waiters. Their pour of wine by the glass is extremely generous. The portions too are ample & we always take home some food for practically an extra meal so prices are reasonable. The bread is incredibly delicious & wonderful to do “La Scarpetta” ---little shoe used to dip into the olive/garlic tapenade mixture and/or clean up sauce from your plate. Don’t need to get into specific menu items. Everything we’ve had is delicious and make sure you save room for the generous portion of “Tiramisu” which in Italian means throw me up in the air for a “Pick me Up” which this homemade delicacy, one of the lightest and best I’ve tasted with my Espresso, a full satisfied meal in my stomach with good Napa Valley Wine makes me feel I’m in heaven.

The drive there by all the vineyards, the rolling hills and the lake is a setting like being in “El Paese” (countryside) in the hills of Tuscany with the restaurant in a free standing building, outside seating too & a bocce ball court. On way back to Marin/San Francisco, we love driving by Lake Hennessey at Sunset which connects to the Silverado trail just south of St. Helena. People in this county are lucky your travel distance is not far to escape to Italy in Sonoma to enjoy this authentic Italian Ristorante. If they were in Southern Marin, we‘d be here 2-3 times per month. Any of you locals/tourists too in San Francisco/ East & South Bays who go to the Wine Country or to Indian Casinos for the day, even off Highway 101 head for Lake Berryessa to, as it’s name implies, "La Cucina Italiana”…an Italian Kitchen !!!

4  Thank Guaglione
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stopped in for a light lunch on a hot afternoon. We had Caprese, Italiano, and Gazpacho. All were excellent and Chef Stefano Gusberti was a delight and very personalble.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This little place is quite an amazing restaurant! Our first visit was with a group of friends, and I must say we were skeptical... a great restaurant way out here? But yes, it is a great restaurant, and well worth the drive. It is a great motorcycle ride and their sign includes a special welcome for dinners on two wheels - but get there anyway you can. Each time we have been back and tried something different, that becomes our new favorite. The portions are huge - great for sharing the meal or plan on taking home enough for lunch the next day.

2  Thank KarsedSantaRosa_CA
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Delightful party- Food delicious, plentiful. Chef Stefano makes it look so effortless but you know he has been working nonstop on all of the fresh dishes with such flavorfull sauces. Go ahead and have the homemade gelato, you can always go jump in the lake just up the road afterwards.

1  Thank badgrandma