“Excellent Japanese food without Sushi!”
Review of Miminashi

Miminashi
Order Online
Ranked #85 of 323 Restaurants in Napa
Description: We are an Izakaya, which is a Japanese inspired Pub. Our focus is on family style dining and the food consists of Sashimi, Ramen, Yakitori and many other dishes. We also offer a full bar, International wines, and hand selected Sake. We offer a late night Happy Hour and also have a takeout window for Soft Serve Ice Cream.
Reviewed December 10, 2018

So many of us think Japan=sushi. this is the equivalent of US=hamburger. However, both cultures have much more to offer. Miminashi takes classic Japanese recipes and mixes them up bistro style. Sashimi, ramen, salad, tempuras (one of the best we have ever had), grilled meat skewers, etc. Excellent food, great service and perfect location for a show at the Uptown (one block away). A jumping bar scene, but tables quiet enough for conversation. Go.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed November 18, 2018

Our first time here, and it will not be our last. I have been to several Japanese Restaurants before, but their menu is very unique, and one that I have never seen before. So we shot from the hip. I ordered the Katsu Plate, and it was awesome. My wife and cousin had the Vegetable Fried Rice, and it was pretty good. My cousins wife ordered the Donabe Plate, and it was awesome. This is food I have never eaten before, but left me with a must return feeling. Only disappointment was our deserts. Soft Vanilla Ice Cream with a choice of toppings, which sounds great. But the Ice Cream was not Ice Cream. I cannot explain it, but stay away. Great service, and great cocktails...beer is on tap and ice cold. We will certainly return.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Heard good reviews and decided to stop by with a group of friends while visiting Napa. I had katsudon and hubby tried the Ryoshidon. Server/bartender recommended a fragrant and complex sake to match the dish and it was delicious. Bartender was very professional and offered a small sample to taste before ordering glass...his service was outstanding and impeccable!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018

Service was great, we let our waiter know that we needed to catch a show at the Uptown in an hour and she made sure we could get out quickly. Food is top notch. We loved the smoked trout croquettes and the Japanese pancake. Ordered the chicken hearts just to try them, probably wouldn't order them again but they're chicken hearts maybe that's not a thing for everyone

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Clint S
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Authentic Asian cuisine is a bit hard to find in small cities, like Napa. Izakaya is quite a popular type of Japanese cuisine in major cities and Chef here really tried hard to resemble the authenticity, while appealing a less Japanese and most American patrons. I personally find the skewers to be a bit lack of seasoning but the ingredients were fresh. I like the chopped sashimi don but the Miso Ramen is a bit too much on the fusion side. Their ice cream is one of the highlights and they have a side windows selling them all day long. While ice cream was fine, the sauces were nut. My whiskey caramel sauce was all grainy. Regardless I am just happy to see a more authentic and less fancy Japanese restaurants. Kenzo is the top Japanese restaurant but is a special occasion rather than frequent visit restaurants. Morimoto is a bit too inauthentic for my taste so Miminashi seems to strike the right balance.

Date of visit: September 2018