“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Review of Myers Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myers Flat
Myers Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Myers Flat B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Not as represented by owner. The view of a parking lot across the street; NOT the promised redwoods. The "gourment" breakfast is NOT! Too pricey for all the plastic flowers and grandmotherly stuff everywhere. Not cozy and charming but cluttered!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yellowgirlsmom

Reviewed October 24, 2009

I was heading south on 101 through the redwoods looking for a place to stay in October 2009. The highway sign indicated there were accommodations at Myers Flat. I didn't want a chain hotel or an ancient motor inn; I was hoping for a reasonably priced and charming property with at least one good restaurant nearby that I could walk to. I got most of what I wanted at Myers Country Inn. While I thought the price for my comfortable and reasonably spacious room on the ground floor was a little high at $175, I was happy enough.

I ended up having a very satisfying dinner at the nearby Groves Restaurant, including an excellent bottle of wine from the local vineyard, Riverbend Cellars. (I learned later while drinking at the town bar that the father of the winemaker was an affable gentleman who also turned out to be the owner of the bar.)

The inn keepers were a middle-aged woman and her husband (he was in evidence only at breakfast which he prepared). The woman was very friendly, extremely garrulous and full of tales about the inn itself (some would have been appropriate for Halloween) as well the lore surrounding the various things worth seeing along the Avenue of the Giants. The hotel is right off 101 but my room was quiet. Breakfast isn't served before 9:00 but given my late night out, this was fine. The inn offers wine for sale which, while I didn't take advantage, I found a nice feature. The Internet access was decent enough (no phone in the room).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was by far the most expensive place we stayed on our 6 day Northern CA trip. There were 3 of us and we got a room with a queen bed and a twin bed. The closest restuarant that was within walking distance was closed on the day we were there (Wed). Ended up driving up the Ave of Giants to small cafe for dinner (pizza was good).

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was made at the 9:00 am breakfast time and was hot. The care takers are extremely friendly and can tell you alot of places on the Avenue of the Giants that are must sees.

Thought we were going to be deep in the Red Woods and was dissappointed to see the 101 on ramp sign from the balcony of Myers Inn.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TripWithMom
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The service was fantastic and the 2 people in charge were very helpful. It all seems pretty good until you get to the small dated rooms that are so over priced it's not funny. I would suggest driving a little further until you get to a better value hotel because it is not worth the money at all,

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank talis1115
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We needed to find a place to stay on our way home from Oregon. Myers Flat on the "Avenue of the Giants" seemed like a nice stopping point. Took a chance that the Myers Inn was as good as half the people on the this site suggested. Unfortunately, the other half were right. The rooms are way over priced for what they are. Clean but very outdated and sparse. The innkeepers are nice enough but we cannot recommend this lodging as a place to stay unless the rooms were half the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mkrause3
Reviewed October 29, 2008

When I arrived at the Inn the desk clerk immediately asked for my credit card and charged the three nights stay. All other hotels charge you at the end of your stay (they just take your credit card info when you check in).

As soon as my boyfriend and I saw the room we went back to the desk clerk and said that we didn't want to stay at the inn because the room was too small and they were charging too much. They also had approx. 10 TV channels (no ESPN & it was Monday Night Football that night).

They were charging $200/night for a room that was smaller than a Motel 6 room. We were on the road for two weeks paying between $160-$220 per night at six different hotels/condos and were extremely pleased with all the other hotels and the value for the price.

The desk clerk said we would still be charged for 50% of our stay per the owner's cancellation policy. We argued that the room wasn't worth the price & we weren't happy with it, but they still charged us. The inn was not booked -- nobody was there. So, it wasn't like they had lost revenue because of our reservation.

We did not stay here. In fact, we went to Benbow Inn and was charged less for a lot better room furnished with beautiful antiques.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank goose1166
Reviewed October 5, 2008

A very friendly welcome awaited us at the Myers Inn. The room was large, and beautifully furnished. The wooden deck outside is a great place to enjoy a bottle of wine after a hard day touring. The small touches like chocolates in the room are good. A hearty breakfast is served. All of this comes included with a very friendly cat "Mr Kitty" who will take hours of stroking if you offer it.

The price is not too bad given the quality of the place and lack of alternatives. We found a discount was available if you ask.

The locaction is excellent in the middle of the Avenue of the Giants Redwood road, and there is a good restaurant (The Groves) just down the road in walking distance where we had excellent wood fired pizzas.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Myers Flat
Benbow Historic Inn
Benbow Historic Inn
#1 of 5 in Garberville
Best Western Plus Humboldt House Inn
Giant Redwoods RV & Camp
Giant Redwoods RV & Camp
#1 of 1 in Myers Flat

Been to Myers Country Inn? Share your experiences!