“A hidden gem! A new favorite!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cruz Tacos & Mexican Bakery
Ranked #172 of 219 Restaurants in Murrieta
Reviewed August 25, 2014

A nearby national burrito chain that I would have gone to has recently taken a political stand I can't support, so I started looking for an alternative. I'd driven by this restaurant, but the lack of reviews in TripAdvisor made me hesitant. This appears to be a family run operation. If the quality is there, I'd rather support a family business. On my first visit, my brother and his wife split a large plate of Nachos. Looked delicious and apparently was. My sister-in-law commented on how none of the chips were soggy as sometimes Nachos apparently can be. She gave them a 10/10. My brother also had a couple of carnitas tacos. I had a delicious carnitas burrito - which was (almost) too big of a lunch for this 6'2", 235 pound Mexican food lover! Neither of us found any gristle in the meat. A rarity in my experience. My wife's chicken taco combo plate rated only a 9 out of 10. She, like me, still thinks Del Taco (which we love) when ordering tacos. She didn't get lettuce and tomatoes on her tacos as she expected to. These were, I suspect, reflective of what the decor suggests. The real thing. (Three tacos were provided. I was supposed to get one and some of her beans & rice. She finished it all!). The location of this business may result in it taking a while to develop a client base, but if it can hang in there, it will be very successful. My second visit, two days later, for a take-out dinner, supported my initial hypothesis. Excellent food at a competitive price!