“Good Ole BBQ”

Calhoun's Texas BBQ
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Murrieta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Calhoun's is family owned and they do fabulous smoked BBQ. Brisket and Spare Ribs are the family favorite. They also have fabulous home made salads and Sweet Potato Pie. Yummy.

1  Thank Julie D
There are newer reviews for Calhoun's Texas BBQ

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Being a native Texan, and having eaten at 8 of the top 10 rated bbq joints in Texas, Calhoun's beats them all. The brisket melts in your mouth, with just enough smoke - lots of wannabe places over smoke their meat, making it bitter. The spare ribs are incredible - the best I have ever had. You can push the meat off the bone with your tongue. The pulled pork is the best I have ever had, and I am a beef guy. Make sure you try their brisket beans, potato salad, homemade sweet potato pie and their fudgy brownies. Hell, try it all - you can't go wrong!

2  Thank 37tudorjohn
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE this place. Seating area is small so I always do takeout. All of the meats are mouthwatering and the sauce is fantastic. The beans are best. I have to force myself not to go there more than once a week.

1  Thank cherjb
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I smelled the BBQ smoke before I spotted the place while searching for Calhoun's. I was so hungry that day I over ordered telling myself I could save the left overs. Right! After trying all the meats on the menu, my favorites are the Pulled Pork Sandwich and BBQ Brisket Sandwich. Yes his ribs were good, but the P/P is out of this world. Wish I had thought about taking a photo of it before I devoured it. Next time. Please go and support the little hole in the wall, you won't be dissapointed.

2  Thank ImGeorge
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Small location in Old Town Murrieta. Short menu but affordably priced and good, good, good! Ribs and sweet potato pie. An order of sliders is plenty if you can't handle large quantities.

2  Thank mzglorybeCA