“Has gotten better”

R J's Sizzlin Steer
Ranked #11 of 208 Restaurants in Murrieta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego
“Has gotten better”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were regular customers of RJs about 10 years ago when they were located in Temecula, Ca. The food was always outstanding. Then they moved to a new location in Murrieta and the quality seemed to go downhill. So we stayed away for the last few years. We recently decided to try it again and we were pleasantly surprised. I ordered the specialty steak and my wife ordered the ribeye. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. The server was very attentive. The food was brought quickly and the portions were good. The garlic bread is also very good. We also tried a couple of IPAs from local breweries that the server recommended and they were very good. RJs has returned to their former status in my mind. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gene2459

“Great steak salad”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I love their steak salad and they have great atmosphere that is welcoming and casual. I didn't care for their fish tacos, I don't know why my friend ordered fish tacos here. haha

Visited September 2013
1 Thank KMJ46
“Best Chili ever!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am a huge chili fan and that topped my list. Went there for my moms brithday and she got a treat. Nice place, well maintained. Obvisly good food

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Savannah S
Temecula, California
“Unusual name, unusually good service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our waitress was just wonderful. Unusual name, unusually good service. My wife's standard order, ribeye, was "...good." My Chicken Monterey was rubbery - overcooked. Nice family steak house.

• Visited September 2013
“Great Lunch Deals!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We often go to R J's for lunch. They have some great specials that are large meals and excellent deals. The waitpersons are friendly and very attentive. Super french fries! We also recommend it for happy hour---half price appetizers and good prices on drinks. It's a wonderful, neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kaj20

Been to R J's Sizzlin Steer? Share your experiences!