“It's all about attitude....”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Murrieta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Check in at 4:00...assign Room 101, across from the breakfast room. I ask if I could get another room further away....oh no, we are all sold out. I am told that the room does not have all the towels yet and when we walk in the room the maid is putting the towels in the bathroom. She walk out and mentions a horrible chemical smell in the room, I ask if it is cleaner, she said that she didn't know what it is but she will go to the front desk to ask for another room for us. I follow behind a few minutes later and the person at the front desk is giving the maid a hard time...telling her that the room cannot be re-assigned. Huh!! It is 4:00 check-in time and you cannot tell me every rrom has been checked into already, after some coaxing by the maid (and by me) she "re-assigns" our room. Well, gee wiz thanks so much for DOING YOUR JOB, making the customer happy. Funny thing, the person at the front desk said she would just have to put someone else in the smelly room...to that person... sorry!!

Otherwise, our stay was fine for the $$, the room here was $103 with AAA rate and cheapest in Temecula for same night was $175.. just staying over for a soccer tournament so all was good....

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

It's never a good feeling to see a comment about such a negative experience but we appreciate the feedback as well as the honesty and we are committed to making sure that each staff member of our hotel provides excellent customer service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

this is one of the best hotels i stayed at nice staff very clean rooms refrigerator and microwave in the room i would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We recently traveled to Murrieta for a wedding and chose the Comfort Inn based on location. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Our room was just a short walk from the lobby, but since we were on the 3rd floor it was very quiet and peaceful.

The rooms were spacious, very clean and bright. The air conditioning worked great (almost too well sometimes!). The maid service was very friendly and did a great job cleaning our room each day.

The pool area was nice, we got great use out of it.

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the murrieta/temecula area!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cigeneralmanager, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2008

We thank you for the compliment and look forward to serving again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2008

The day of our arrivel my family and i checked in and were greeted with smiles and friendly faces. the room was extremely clean and very welcoming, personally i love the smell of clean. the next morning we decided to try the breakfest and it was outstanding. Its more than you can expect for a continental breakfest. we didn't have a chance to try there indoor pool but i would definetly want to next time i stay. It looked very warm and inviting.

Stayed: April 2008

We would like to thank this family for the review. We strive to make everyones experience here at the Comfort Inn and Suites an enjoyable one. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 21, 2008

spotlessly clean room, comfortable king bed,good service, fine breakfast, price was decent too. I don't know what more one could ask for.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2008

Staff was unbelievable. We had a lot of needs do to our family’s ailments. The staff did everything and more to accommodate.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I went up to Temecula for a wedding, and due to the tardiness of my booking a reservation I was forced to look outside of Temecula. I came to Comfort Inn & Suites mainly due to the reviews on this site and was quite excited. We go to check in after 3, and the systems were down so we were told to wait in the lobby until they could get the credit card machine working again. So we waited and waited, and then we noticed that other customers were checking in. I was surprised that they didn't notify us that we were able to check in again. But whatever, I let it slide. Nothing that serious. So I go to check in by first giving my name. Nothing! I give them my conformation number....Nothing again! The lady was then trying to explain what happened, and after a few minutes of searching she came across my reservation. We then had no more contact with the staff until the next night, after the wedding and we couldn't get in the back way. So we went through the lobby and up to the room and the keys wouldn't work. So we went downstairs to get it fixed and it took a few times for them to get it right. The last time I dealt with the desk was when the alarm clock didn't work and we got up late. I asked for 30 minutes extra so we could get our stuff together and was rudely told, "No, not today!" Which led us having to rush to get stuff together.

As for the room, it was pretty good. It was comfortable and spacious. I got the King Suite, and the bed was very comfortable. There was a major water stain on the ceiling right above the bed and the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. But overall I can't really complain about the room itself. The AC worked well, (which was great considering it was 110 outside) and the shower was very powerful (a rarity among hotels that I have stayed at), and the room itself was quite clean. There are a couple of things I would have liked to see (Express checkout, movie channels) but overall I couldn't complain about what we got.

Likes: Spacious room, ac and shower worked great, comfortable bed.
Dislikes: Customer service needs some work.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fizzmulder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murrieta
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Murrieta
Quality Inn Temecula Wine Country
Residence Inn Temecula Murrieta
Ramada Temecula Old Town
Ramada Temecula Old Town
#8 of 19 in Temecula
La Quinta Inn & Suites Temecula
Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country? Share your experiences!