“Santa Rosa plateau”

Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Murrieta
“Santa Rosa plateau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

A great location for day hikes but is pretty busy, limitations on dog and mt biking trails but still many great opportunities

Murrieta, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice hiking area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve provides a number of easy hikes. You can select to take short ones or longer ones. Nothing too taxing. Short ones for the family or with children and the longer ones for more active or experienced hikers. I generally takes two or three of the longer routes. I have hiked every trail in the Reserve--everything is very well marked.

Visited July 2013
Southrn California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Trails for All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We've spent a lot of time over the years on the Santa Rosa Plateau trails...hiking, mountain biking, or taking in the lovely oak tree dotted hills from aback a horse. Though the equestrian trails are limited, they meander through a lovely area.

In spring and summer, it is best to keep an eye out for rattlesnakes - they abound.

Though the sunsets can be striking, be aware that the staff takes the sundown curfew VERY seriously, so don't dawdle...

Happy trails!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank JudyTheGypsy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Easy hiking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

There's water in the vernal pools!!!
I can finally say I've seen the pools. Nice peaceful hiking. Lots of wildlife, lots of trails. Hiking, biking. this place never gets old. Stop at the adobes and have a snack or lunch.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank NISHA B
El Dorado County, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Walking in the Santa Rosa Plateau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Every time I visit the Temecula area, I make a point of going to the Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve. I take a back pack with me filled with fresh fruit and water and I walk a different hiking path each time I visit. When I stay in the area for an extended time, I visit Santa Rosa Plateau at least once a week.
I recommend this place for any person, friends, family or groups that are visiting the area. It's beautiful, well maintained, informative and educational and just plain fun.

Visited March 2014