“Plane good!”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located at the French Valley Airport
Reviewed May 28, 2014

French Valley Cafe is a refreshing take on the small Airport Restaurant. We flew in for fun and were pleasantly surprised! My wife is Vegetarian and most places have little to nothing for her. Our server, Gavin recommended the Veggie Burger pointing out it is made from scratch in house. She loved it and asked what it was made with. He went to ask the Kitchen Manager, Stephanie who came out to our table to describe it in person. I had the basic burger which was thick and lean, better than what I was expecting for sure. If you like to watch the aircraft come and go, it has an excellent view of the airfield as well. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hearty (and tasty) diner food, fast service and a nice atmosphere. We came for lunch and really enjoyed it. Will definitely return.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat there often as we live across the street, we walk there and the food is awesome especially their hamburgers, I have never had such juicy and thick burgers. I think the food is very good and the service is friendly and fast, not to mention the view of planes taking off and landing, we take our Grandchildren there and they love it.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family loved watching the small planes come-and-go. We went on a Sunday morning, so I believe the "brunch" menu was a bit pricier than normal. The food was good, not great, and it is NOT cheap. The atmosphere is fun, and staff was very kind and welcoming.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Ive been here numerous times throughout the years and was disappointed to see this place becoming less and less enjoyable.

I've heard numerous people tell me the service and food were bad but figured they were just being picky or it was an odd ball experience.

We arrived and placed our drink orders and got them a little after. We both ordered the French onion soup with a side of garlic bread. After about 10-15 minutes the waitress said their making it right now and it will be coming right out (as we noticed other people sat after us gettig their food) another 10 minutes goes by then she tells us they can't make it and to reorder something else.

We order the "famous" chicken soup she promised us was already made. If came out about 5-10 minutes later....cold. When asked how we liked it we asked is it supposed to be cold, she did politely offer to microwave it for us. We declined as we were already over it and ready to leave.

They did take off the garlic toast as a "discount" for everything. My friend and I aren't picky eaters as we spend alot of time overseas eating MRE's and bad food but we agreed we've had better food in Afghanistan then what we were served today.

I hope they get back on the right track I did used to enjoy this place years ago but I will have to suggest like everyone else to take my word for it to save you the bad experience and to go somewhere else.

Been to French Valley Cafe? Share your experiences!