“Comfortable and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murphys
Victoria Inn
You added Victoria Inn to your Saves list
402 Main St., Murphys, CA 95247 (Formerly Rebud Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
July Midweek 20% Off
Ranked #1 of 4 Murphys B&B and Inns
SFO
“Comfortable and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed in Anniversary Suite the weekend after St Paddy's Day. Easy check in, great room and A+ free continental breakfast. Onsite parking included with room stay. Free cookies and biscotti's in hallway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WhirledTravelor

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We just got back from an amazing two night stay at the Victoria Inn. Having originally booked the Fireside Room we were called before our stay to switch rooms so that a member of a wedding party could stay an extra night. Our host gave us several options to choose from and all of them were far superior to the room that we originally booked. We decided to stay in the Wisteria Cottage and it was truly a magical experience. Very romantic with a fireplace, spa tub for two, heavenly bed in a beautiful alcove. The room also has a lovely sitting area, and kitchenette with microwave, wet bar, and refrigerator. Outside the cottage is a nice sitting area with wicker couches and coffee table to enjoy the day or evening. We had dinner at the onsite restaurant and the food was good. I am very please with this B&B and would recommend it highly! We can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: If you are eating at the restaurant order the Devils on Horseback! Yum!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Copperopolis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Inn is the middle of all the action. It has a very good restaurant called the " The V Bar and Restaurant. Our cottage room was very comfortable but I was surprised to notice that there was no phone or t.v. In the room. It was actually quite pleasant. The room has a great outdoor patio. Overall, the room seemed dated but had what we needed. The continental breakfast is great.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing church street to get the most quiet sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had to hold my opinions until I got home to my computer. I didn't want to embarrass my very wonderful boyfriend who paid $295/night for two nights in The Dove's Nest. We arrived around 5pm and the check in person (quite lovely and sweet) was telling the couple ahead of us about all the things in the hotel and where the logs were for their fireplace and where the homemade cookies were in the hallway and what time coffee was ready in the kitchen, etc. I was getting more and more excited. Then we stepped up to find out about our room. She gave us a map on how to get there! Huh? We had to get in our car and drive to the end of the downtown to a condo building to find our room. I was a bit disappointed after seeing the very cute and quaint pictures of the Victorian Inn on line to be told that I am being transported to a modern loft on the other side of town. We got very little instructions about anything. And once we arrived in the room there was no information at all about the Inn or check out time or what time breakfast was served or anything. We felt isolated and removed from any hospitality.

The loft was pretty and nicely decorated. I might suggest though that someone actually spend a night there to make sure everything is working. The handles on the bathroom faucet and the shower turned every which way. It was difficult to determine which direction was "hot" in the shower. I stood there for a good three minutes trying to figure it out. There was a toilet plunger next to the toilet. Now I don't care to look at a toilet plunger in my own bathroom, never mind a public bathroom that should have cleanliness standards. I tried to open a closet to see if I could find an extra pillow or two (the pillows were horrible) and the knob came off. My boyfriend boiled water for tea (oh.. there wasn't any in our fully equipped kitchen-we had to get some the next morning at breakfast at the Inn we thought we were staying at..) and a part of the tea kettle fell into his cup when he poured the water.

The first morning we arrived at the Inn for breakfast at around 10am. The tables were all dirty in the little closet they called the breakfast room and there were dirty dishes here and there. The oatmeal was gone and the coffee was luke warm. There was one kind of bagel and a few shreds of salmon on a plate. It did not look inviting at all. We got whatever we could and sat down. The front person (whose name was Robin, I later found out) did not greet us when we came in and actually seemed very annoyed when we asked her about our wifi in our room. It wasn't working at all. She said "Well I haven't heard anything from anyone else" to which I would have responded "Well, you are hearing it from us and we are paying $295/night for our room!" if I had wanted to be rude. She said she'd look into it.

That afternoon, I called her from our room to ask about recommendations for dinner. She seemed annoyed again. She spit out a few places. Then I reminded her about the WIFI. She said that The Victorian Inn doesn't actually own the condos so she can't help me. They just lease them out. Are you kidding me?? Is that customer service?

We ended up in the Dove's Nest because there weren't any other rooms available. I wonder.. There were vacancies both nights on the sign. How did we end up in the most expensive room? I'm sure my boyfriend told them there was just two of us. We didn't need a huge condo with a dining room table for 16!

I kept my mouth shut so as not to offend my partner. But I am really unhappy with how this weekend ended up and the charge is on his VISA. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Make certain that you are actually getting a room in the Victoria Inn and not some place down the st...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Lilah57
Granite Bay, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

For such a small town, we felt very fortunate to find such wonderful and varied accommodations! The Victoria offers all types of rooms, which was helpful since we had my parents and our child along. We stayed in the Garden Suite, which offered plenty of space for everyone with two bedrooms and baths as well as a hide-a-bed. It even had a great table for playing dominoes! The décor was nice but a little quirky here and there (typical B&B), but the staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was generous and delicious! The only challenge was the hotel was sold out, and the food service area is very small. But once we got to it, it was heaven! We'd definitely go back! And don't miss Mercer Caverns or Ironstone Vineyards while you're in town.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is great for two couples or a large family -- plenty of room to spread out and hang...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We decided at the last minute to go up to Murphy's during July 4th weekend for a quick getaway. Unfortunately a lot of places were booked since it was quite busy with the local Murphy evening concert and fireworks that weekend. But giving a call to Victoria Inn saved us again, and Michael was so gracious as to offer us a discount on the two bedroom apartment just across the alleyway from the main Inn. It was remodeled and very spacious. Thank you again for being so accomodating. We had a lovely time strolling wine tasting, eating at Alchemy, Mineral and the V bar as well as browsing through our favorite shops and going for runs and bike rides down 6 mile road. Love being right in town, love the atmosphere and love the food!

Room Tip: Although Mineral is a vegetarian restaurant, Steve is a phenomenal chef so even non-vegetarians can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

EVERYTHING was PERFECT from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed :-) !!! VERY Friendly and Helpful staff. Exceptionally clean & neat......Quintessentially PERFECT for our "girl's get-away" weekend.....HIGHLY RECOMMEND :-)!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at "mimi's place" and it was comfortable, clean and cozy" !!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tasha U, Public Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for the review we hope that you will think of us next time as well for another retreat! We could help you plan your getaway as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Murphys Suites
CourtWood Inn
CourtWood Inn
#2 of 4 in Murphys
5.0 of 5 stars 27 reviews

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!