“Good place for breakfast or lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grounds

Grounds
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Murphys
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
previse
“Good place for breakfast or lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

Grounds is a moderately upscale breakfast and lunch restaurant with their own interpretations of standard Mexican fare and some interesting sandwich choices. The restaurant is attractive, the staff welcoming and friendly, the service excellent, the prices moderate. We had a good meal there and enjoyed ourselves.

We visited Grounds at lunchtime on a Monday, and although Murphys is a tourist destination, the restaurant was busier than I’d expected and seems to be a popular place with the locals. Grounds offers a reasonably good selection of bottled beer and has an excellent wine list featuring some of the better Napa vineyards as well as a few local wines.

My wife and I both ordered chicken quesadillas, which were not at all the same as standard Mexican restaurant fare – lots more olive, not as spicy, not as greasy. The salsa was freshly prepared, heavy on the cilantro and a little dry. I can’t say I liked Ground’s quesadillas quite as well as what we get at our favorite Mexican restaurant, but it was an interesting change and I’m sure the food was healthier.

3 Thank Jon V

California
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

Although the food preparation was slow it was worth the wait. Eggs Benedict and potato fries are great and the service from Kelsey was friendly and efficient.

1 Thank Grizzlyman
Oxnard, California
“An Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2006

This restaurant was the best part of our recent trip to Mother Lode country. Our first visit was during dinner. It opened at 5:30pm and the first thing we saw was a big pan of bread pudding. My wife had the roasted chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. I had the chicken breast stuffed with gorgonzola and broccoli on angel hair pasta. Both were excellent. The wine list was extensive and fairly priced. I returned to the restaurant later that night in a driving rainstorm to buy a serving of bread pudding. The hostess knew exactly what to do by wasting no time and packaging the pudding in a styrofoam box with napkins and plastic fork. Her service and attitude were excellent!

We returned the next morning for breakfast. My wife had french toast made from thickly sliced french bread and served with maple or marionberry syrup. I chose the herb omelette with potato pancake. Along with the good coffee they serve, this was one of the best breakfasts I think we have ever had.

5 Thank JohnGalt2

Been to Grounds? Share your experiences!