“Excellent”
Review of Murphys Suites

Murphys Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Murphys
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Everything was nice and clean. The only negative thing is they had old style televisions. Didn't watch much so it wasn't the end of the world. Location is good within a short distance to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
miclee, Owner at Murphys Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

So glad to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms. We do hope to upgrade to flat panel TV's soon. Thank you for the recommendation and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at Murphys Suites was a little disappointing. We usually stay at their sister motel in town, but they were sold out. So for about $30 more we were expecting a slight upgrade... not so. The room was clean and fairly close to downtown and the morning doughnuts were a treat. However, the temperature in our room was uncomfortably warm despite having the cooler on full blast. The carpet was long overdue for stretching and /or replacement. It is an acceptable stay in Murphys... just given a choice I would choose the cheaper closer "sister " property.

• Stayed: October 2013
miclee, Owner at Murphys Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We are pleased that you have stayed at both of our properties in Murphys. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My son and I went on an adventure week which included a couple of nights at Murphy's Suites. We went to Moaning Caverns for the spelunking adventure and then went to the lake the following day and rented a Wave Runner. We were exhausted both nights and happy to return to our very quiet, friendly, clean and comfortable suite and just relax : )

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sounds like you had a super adventure. Hope you return soon to explore even more.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice clean place to stay, nice pool good service front desk. Great coffee and home made donuts to your door in the morning. We stayed there for a concert. The town is cute with lots of good wine and food. Don't miss the spice shop.

Room Tip: all are good we have stayed there three times for concerts
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nice to hear that you enjoyed our staff, espresso and donuts! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked this room at the last minute for a weekend trip to the Gold Country for wine tasting and other events. It turned out that the whole town was booked due to a very popular concert at a local venue. I got the last room available. When I arrived, I was impressed on how clean the facility was and how friendly the desk staff was. I was helped immediately. Once I got to the room, I was impressed with its cleanliness and spaciousness. The hotel was just a short walk to the downtown area. Murphys has a bunch of wineries and tasting rooms on their main street all within walking distance of the hotel. This was a great place to stay. My first choice was going to be a hotel in the immediate downtown. In speaking to people that I met that weekend, they were a bit disappointed in the downtown hotel. I felt lucky that I got the last room available. The weekend was pure joy. The morning complimentary donuts delivered to your room was a nice touch also. Nothing but great things to say about this place; and by the way I am quite fussy and not easily impressed. I would stay here again in an instant.

Room Tip: I believe that I stayed in one of the larger rooms as it was the last available. It was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy to hear you got the last room in town. Ironstone Vineyards puts on a great summer concert series as does Twisted Oak Winery. Our goal is to provide friendly service and clean rooms. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I can only give them 4 stars as we never received maid service! : ( Everything else was great! The donut holes are great anf the staff was really nice!!!! We had a long drive from Santa Barbara wine tasting and after a along drive the location is so close to town, restaurants, shops & tasting rooms. Our next trip to Murphy's we plan on staying here!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I apologize that you did not receive maid service. That is quite uncommon. I am pleased to her that your enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a delightful couple of nights at the Murphys Suites. It was hot in August and we loved cooling off in the pool. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and you are within walking distance of down. The rooms come equipped with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge. It was just the two of us but these rooms would easily accommodate a family. The staff at reception were helpful and friendly

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is excellent to hear that you enjoyed so much of our staff and facility. Please come visit us again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in San Andreas
Murphys Inn Motel
Murphys Inn Motel
#1 of 4 in Murphys

Been to Murphys Suites? Share your experiences!