“Surprise! We didn't expect to find sashimi!”
Review of DOKE Sushi

DOKE Sushi
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Murphys
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Sashimi was the last thing we expected in Murphys. (In fact the whole town was a surprise - in a nice way) Went with a group of friends - made reservations and got there early. The place is small - so unless you are there early, you'll need reservations. It was mobbed by 7pm. Everyone at the table enjoyed what they ordered. Our fish was really fresh. And my husband and I shared the Udon soup with plenty to go around.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Some people would think it's not that good because it's in such a small town, but honestly it's probably one of the best restaurants I've been too.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We got to sample a variety of cooked sushi which was so enjoyable. We had them out in the park by the Hovey Winery with some tastings of the Hovey wine. My favorite was the deep fried crab sushi. I even got to use chopsticks.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I did not expect to find such great sushi in Murphys. Among the dishes we had, the highlight for me was the Calaveras Crab Baked Sushi and cannot rave enough about how delicious it was. Don't remember the names of the other dishes but they were all really fresh and tasty. It is not a big place so you have to try and get in early. The staff are attentive, busy and really good fun. Obviously you can always add to the meal with a glass or two of the great local Calaveras wines. Unsure whether they accept reservations. I would just request that Doke try and keep their doors open a bit later, as most of the other eateries in Murphys seem to have last orders at 8.00pm!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place is fairly new, tucked into a small space among the Main Street wineries. I went there the first time with some misgivings, as I do not generally like Sushi. It turns out they have a diverse and excellent menu, with a wide range of mostly-Japanese and Asian food choices.
We have been there for lunch and dinner and find the food excellent, the service good, and the people friendly. My friends who like Sushi and Sushimi tell me those options are excellent, but I stick to more traditional fare -- skewers, Doshi, rice bowls. They offer a range of choices, with or without meat.
We've had dinner there multiple times since it opened and enjoyed it every time. I have had the beef and chicken, and my wife had the curry dish. All were good. Be prepared for spicy when you order curry.