“Enjoyed the Food”

Hillbillies Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 42 Restaurants in Murphys
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 of us ate here for lunch (1:30) on Sat 2/15/14. Went there because I saw it on Restaurant Impossible. We were seated in 10 min. Right away someone asked us what we wanted to drink. Took 10-15 for our waitress to take our order. Unfortunately it then took about 45 min. for our food to arrive. Way too long to wait. Hannah was kind to us, talked with us and made sure our drinks and water glasses were kept full. Everyone in our group was very happy with their food when we finally got it! Sounds like they have a number of new people working there. If you have some time to eat, then give Hillbillies a try. I hope the owner/chef can get faster in getting the food out. I would have given it 4 stars.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

MY GOODNESS! Too many great choices and fills you up! Popular spot but worth it to wait a bit. Great breakfast spot.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The décor is bare. Not a lot of atmosphere but great food! Friendly wait staff. A perfect place to take the guys after wine tasting. Most of the restaurants in town were a little too foofoo for the men

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was expecting hillbilly decor to the max but didn't find it. Old bicycle by the door, wooden pallets on the wall, collage of kitchen utensils - none of it that interesting. The kitchen was very slow in omelet preparation but a bit faster with pancakes in visit two. The service was barely tolerable on my first visit but much better on my second. Prices were good. Food quality was good. Lots of ham in my ham & cheese omelet. Good coffee. Note: First visit = no flies. Second visit (next day) = many flies.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We've been eating at Hillbillies (previously Galvin's) for many years, Through several different owners the food quality has remained consistently well above average for the area. I don't recall having any meals there other than breakfast so I can't offer comment on any other meals. Their breakfast menu is pretty basic but every thing I've tried so far has been fresh, well prepared and very tasty. Portions are generous and their prices are reasonable. Their décor is pretty hokey but not offensively so. The place is kept immaculately clean which in itself can be a bit unusual in remote locales like this. The staff is always friendly and attentive.