“The Wine Outshines Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Murphys
Hollister, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The Wine Outshines Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My date and I were in Murphy's for few days and we happened upon Hatcher. I love Red Wines and my date enjoys Ice Wines and Ports. While the man offering samples resembled the Soup Nazi's brother (Wine Nazi) the wines were amazing. Deep full flavors. I left with a Malbec and my date with Ice Wine.

It was actually pretty amusing to watch this fella work. With all of the engaging people trying to push wine everywhere else it was kind of fun to get a little push back in this instance.

I'd try the wine because it's well worth going in to enjoy the fantastic flavors.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank DirkDMyers

San Francisco
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Really fantastic wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spend a fair amount of time in Big Trees and had been frequenting the Murphy's wineries, but when we discovered Hatcher, it was like all other wine was just blown away. We love big reds, and there is just something special with the Hatcher wine that I can't adequately describe here, but it's a unique taste and depth. Frankly I have no idea why the finest steak establishments in the country would not be serving Hatcher wines front and center. Needless to say, we are now wine club members, and every single time we go to pick up a shipment, we have a taste and end up purchasing even more wines. Sewell and Matt do a wonderful job, this is low key, the tasting room is in a nice cool, very tastefully decorated "cellar" (where well behaved dogs are welcome too!) and it's always treat going to taste the latest & greatest. We were talking with Sewell a couple of weeks back when we dropped by, and his comment was that he doesn't sell the wine because it sells itself; I could not agree more. We also attend the wine club parties, which are excellent. I highly recommend Hatcher wines, I honestly don't think you will find better if you're a red fan. The town of Murphy's is such a great little place to spend some time as well. Totally worth the visit - just bring a designated driver :)

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tracy P
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hatcher wines were highly recommended by another vineyard, so eight of us stopped by enroute to dinner to buy a couple of bottles to drink with our meal in the Murphys Hotel. It was the best tasting we encountered the entire week. One of the owners was present and gave us a 45 minute detailed explaination of his wines along with the samples. He even let us try a meritage not usually available, after a little encouragement. Needless to say, we enjoyed it so much that we made his day by purchasing 2 cases between us. In Murphys, you only pay a very reasonable corkage fee in restaurants when bringing in locally purchased/produced wine, so it's a wonderful way to enjoy regional wines that are generally not available.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DebbieB997
Vacaville, California
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great vino bargains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stopped in to the Hatcher Winery tasting room in Murphys to pick up a shipment. While there, we tasted several of their wines; didn't find one we didn't like. Since we are not generally white/rose drinkers, the young lady running the place for the afternoon gladly let us exchange for wines we wanted.

Visited March 2013
Sonora, California
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Some of the best wines in Murphys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Try the Cinsault Rose and the Alicante Buchette(sp?). Good discounts if you join wine club. Tasting room is a little hard to find but worth it.

Visited February 2013