“El Jardin”

El Jardin
Ranked #23 of 40 Restaurants in Murphys
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fine Mexican cuisine. Creek-side dining. Large menu features only the freshest ingredients, sauces made from scratch daily and a wide array of made-to-order specialties. Top-notchfrieserservice.tmosphere! Lunch and dinner - 7 days a week!
Fairfield, California
“El Jardin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Convenient location on the main highway. Server was very sweet & attentive. Pretty outdoor seating. Lots of menu selections & the food was great!

Visited May 2014

Dublin, California
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I have recently moved from the Bay area up to the Murphy's. Since we love Mexican food, we were in search of a good Mexican restaurant as good as the many that are in the Bay Area. After reading the reviews on trip advisor about El Jardin, my husband and I were so excited to try this place. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed, and will not be going back.

• Visited November 2013
Angels Camp, California
“real mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We live just a few miles from this restaurant in the town of angels camp and we go
there because the food is very authentic mexican and is always made fresh.It is
great if you want to try mex ican food that is different than most mexican resturants
serve. a good place to bring the young ones. best to go early

• Visited August 2013
Camp Connell, CA
“My choice always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I live in Murphys and El Jardin has always been been my number one choice for lunch or dinner.
I prefer chile verde sauce and find the pork dishes are always cooked just right, the sauces the proper amount of spices, and the overall meals are excellent. I've eaten the chile verde burritos, with or without rice and beans, tostados (grande and a la carte) and other variations (compuesto) and they are all good. My wife had a shrimp dinner the other night and loved it.
For a change, which I don't do often, I go for the steak enchiladas which have just the right amount of red sauce.
They have a good choice of Mexican beers, wine and even Sangria and Margaritas.
The family that runs the place is always checking up on things, the service is good. The wait staff all look like young athletes (there is a coach in the family) and are all well trained. Fresh chips, salsas and water hit the table as soon as you sit down. The only problem I have ever had is sometimes it is crowded.
I like it and go there two or three times a week. Well, maybe three or four times a week.
They have creekside dining as an option, with music and taco specials on Thursday nights.

• Visited August 2013
Murphys, California, Usa
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I live in Mirphys, and this is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I eat here alone or with friends and family at least once a week and sometimes more. It is the restaurant I usually take out of town guest to. The food is good, and the staff are friendly and efficient. They accommodate special requests with a smile. The creekside patio area is great in the summer especially for youngsters since it is shady and even has some toys. Located on Highway 4, it is an easy place to find.

• Visited July 2013