“The worse food and service of our vacation”
Review of Angelo's Steakhouse Italiano - CLOSED

Angelo's Steakhouse Italiano
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worse food and service of our vacation”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the worse restaurant that i have eaten at for years. My mother and I sat outside and that was a huge mistake because the flies were horrible. Then when we ordered water instead of overpriced drinks, our waitress wrote us off. We could barely get any service from her. She didn't bring any butter with the bread and when we asked for butter we had to wait 10 minutes before we saw her again. Then when she came back and we asked her for butter, she told us to look in the basket. She said this accross the patio like she could not be bothered to check on her own. Then we looked again, and told her there was no butter. We had to wait another 5 minutes for the butter. When our meals came, my mother did not have everytbing that was suppose to come with her meal. Finally, we had a coupon and the waitress conveniently forgot to apply the coupon. Then again we could not get our waitress to come to our table to inform her of the oversight. Mom went in to take care of the problem. Then, the waitress, knowing she had done a terrible job, appologizes across the patio in a very insincere way. Don't eat here unless you want terrible service and overpriced and mediocre food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kayaktripgirl

Goldrush County, California
“Thought we'd give it a try...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We live in Sonora and love dining out in Murphys and have always wanted to try Angelo's but they typically aren't open when we break away for lunch. We were able to get away for dinner hours and found them open! Service was top notch, ambience was nice, but I'm sorry to say that our food wasn't the greatest. We started with bread that was nice and a grilled artichoke that was superb, but when our entrees arrived (both chicken dishes) the story changed. I had chicken Alfredo. The homemade doughy pasta was awesome, but I felt like I was rescuing it out of the tremendous pool of sauce. There was enough sauce for about 3 dishes. The chicken was raw and had to be sent back. My husband's chicken piccata was tasty but undercooked as well and swimming in sauce. Frankly the food was tasty but sloppy in sauces. Personally I would eat there again, but I would ask them to go easy on the sauces or put them on the side and there is no reason for raw poultry...that was a bit disconcerting. I did not get sick although I worried about it for a few hours afterwards. This experience definitely weighs on my desire to return. We really want to give it a second chance, but next time we will be trying the steak instead...lol...at least you can't get sick if the beef is a bit undercooked. Service was great, by the way.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank knowleshill
San Diego, California
“Great food in Murphys”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Four had dinner here, excellent service and delicious food, filet mignon was superb. Prices reasonable.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank JudyinSD
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Steak”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had dinner here with my husband and sister while we were staying in Murphys. We all ordered steak and it was delicious. Each of our steaks were cooked perfectly. We also ordered appetizers and salads which were delicious as well. We were too full for dessert. I would definitely recommend dinner here.

• Visited April 2013
Berkeley, California
“Not a lot of ambiance but good food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Angelo's Steakhouse Italiano doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a pleasant place to have dinner. The food was good and the staff was well trained. The chicken in lemon sauce was very good. We also had the salad with steak and spring vegetables which was also very good.
Worth a stop. We called for reservations and they were able to accommodate us when we arrived earlier than planned.

• Visited April 2013