“Perfect for my Birthday!”

Alchemy Market and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Murphys
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Panama City, Panama
“Perfect for my Birthday!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The characters are: Wife, daughter, 14, son, 21, and I. The setting: Main St., Murphys, CA. Scenario: It's 7:00pm on my birthday, thousands of miles from home, and the fam wants to take me out to dinner. As we were waiting for seating to open up at the fabled Murphys Historic Hotel restaurant, we decided to take an early-evening stroll down Main. Almost at the end of our walk, we went by this "wine bar" called Alchemy. From inside issued strains of live music and peals of congenial laughter and conversation. We went inside and asked if we could be there with a minor. Yes, we could. We were seated. We had mains only, and a bottle of wine. All food was above expectation. I had a delicious steak with perfect sides. The bar is gorgeous, and offers a full range of craft beer on tap, including a Duchesse de Bourgogne Belgian Sour that was over the top delicious. The live music was played by an elderly couple, perhaps refugees from '60's SF. They were delightful, and the lady played a succession of different instruments, string and wind, including the harmonica. We all loved the place.

• Visited March 2014

Folsom, California
“You have to try the meatloaf!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Based on reviews my wife and I decided to give Alchemy a try and we were not disappointed! I asked our server (who was very friendly) for her advice and she recommended the meatloaf. She was 100% right. Never in my life have I eaten meatloaf that tastes like a perfectly seasoned steak. it was out of this world. My wife had the chicken & artichoke pizza and it was amazing too. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was excellent.

• Visited April 2014
SFO
“Cold beer and hot nachos”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Many types of craft beers on tap. Servers are patient and even gave samples. Nachos rocked. Outside seating was wonderful

Visited March 2014
California
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Everything I have tried here has been excellent, fresh, flavorful and inventive. I have them recommend a beer or wine to complement the dish and they are always spot on. Great selection of beer from around the world and local wine.

Visited February 2014
“most awesome food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love their crab macaroni and cheese! The half chicken is delicious as well as the meatloaf which looks like a steak! The wine and beer list is very extensive. Every dish that we have tried is very tasty! The service is great especially Bobbie who is so kind and helpful. Loved the firestone walker night! Can get fairly loud so go early.

• Visited February 2014