“Great Atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went here on Mother's Day and managed to get a table on the patio. They had a guy singing live music with canned tracks and he was pretty good. The patio and the partially live music made for a great atmosphere. My wife had the salmon salad and I had the meatloaf.that came with salad and fries. We both decided that the food was good, but it wasn't such that we'd say, "I want more of that". The meatloaf lacked a good flavor. My wife said the salmon was a little dry. I tasted the salmon and I usually like salmon, but I didn't want anymore of that. Overall, it was a nice experience, but the food didn't quite match the excellent atmosphere. I'm guessing that if we'd selected something else, it may have been very good.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our food and service were both good. Great breadsticks too. We split the entrees and had plenty of food. Our waiter was very direct and no nonsense, so know what you want! We would go back.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just spent 2 days in the Gold Country and just fell in love with Alchemy! We ate there both nights! The first night we sat outdoors. It was perfection.....warm evening. They have a fabulous list of beers which is fun but we're more wine drinkers and they had a not huge but thoughtful list of wines....many of them local. (if you bring your own local wine there is no corkage fee!!) Then they hit you with their special bread. Hard to explain but very garlicy and yummy with corn. No, not corn bread! The wait staff is well informed and knowledgeable. I would like to have the opportunity to try more of their dishes but alas, only so much room and so little time! The first night we had the steamed mussels in kind of a Thai inspired garlicy broth. Be sure to save some bread for dunking! On top were some truffled french fries. We like them crispy and they were PERFECTION! I asked for some of their chipotle aioli for my fries and they accomodated me without argument. The next night we went back for the live music and sat at a table that was kind of half inside and half out. They feature a local winery each Tuesday and you can buy a bottle of the featured wine (both blends....a white and red) for $20! Yes, $20. We had the red blend which was delicious from Lavender Hill winery. Even the bottle looked hand painted! My companion had the scallone and I enjoyed the special fish with fresh locally foraged morel mushrooms and asparagus! I was in heaven. I will be back soon!

1  Thank Dale S
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in the Calaveras and Amador county areas enjoying some great wines. At one of our winery stops we asked for a dinner recommendation and Alchemy was the first place they suggested. We sat on the patio and brought our own local wine (no corkage fee). I had the daily special and they split one of the dinners in the kitchen for us. The second night was a local winemaker dinner. The quality of both the food and service was right on par with the first visit and we even got to enjoy the music provided by the Cover Girls

1  Thank Skip1950
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We all loved this cafe in Murphy's, CA on our way to visit Mercer Cavern. They have a fabulous wine selection and the server was very knowledgable and helped us choose local wines that were perfect. For lunch, We recommend the Thai salad and the Wedge salad and the kids menu was great too! I would order that Thai salad again in a second!!