“The Best in the Area”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The town of Arnold is about ten minutes up the road from Murphy's where some of San Fran's restaurant owners decided to open a "country place"...wow Lamb Shank to die for with all the fresh veggies and a great local red wine for under $25 is hard to find anywhere in California....

Alchemy was the place and it was a special but the meat fell off the bone and the reduction was as refined as any in NYC or Paris....

1  Thank johnfornal

Reviewed October 8, 2012

What great, gourmet food, fun atmosphere, great location. Had a large group and everybody was thrilled with their meal. I had meatloaf and it was one of the best ever tasted. This will place will definitely be a return visit in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Love this place. After exploring the town, I like to have lunch out on the patio. They often have live music that adds to the ambiance.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped and ate here while with a touring group. The decor is inviting, the price not too steep for near-gourmet food. I enjoyed the mushroom and artichoke pizza. My wife had the barbecued chicken sanwich and thought the texture of the meat was not pleasing. I had a glass of Klassen wine (rose) and it was great. Lots of food.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This corner market/restaurant in Murphy's is a delightful spot. The ambiance is warm and welcoming and the owner is so friendly that you feel like family. We had two selections from the mouthwatering menu and they were both perfect - crab cakes with vegies and Scaloni with rice and vegies. We split a scrumptous dessert, can't remember the name, but it was a mile high concoction of whipped cream, toasted coconut, pastries and drizzled caramel. Yum! My wine and my husband's blond brew were the perfect compliment to our meal.We really enjoyed our evening at the Alchemy! (Loved our waitress, too!)