“Excellent value”
Review of Murphys Inn Motel

Murphys Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Murphys
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Clean, pleasant and quiet. Nothing fancy, nothing luxurious. A nice 10 minute walk to the center of Murphys. When the motel filled up on the weekend (a major celebration weekend in Murphys) I was concerned that partying customers would keep me awake but the walls of my off-street room were well-insulated for noise mitigation. I plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: My only experience was off the street (the back of the motel) and it was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Murphys is usually a quiet wine tasting town, I am so glad that the event weekend did not interrupt your stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed one night at this friendly and quiet hotel on September 30th.
Very nice and clean room with comfortable queen beds. Would
certainly stay there again. Received a warm welcome along with
a booklet we could look at for restaurant suggestions. Great
location for walking downtown to stores and restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dorothy63

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. We hope that you return soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I called the hotel directly for th reservation and made sure that the young lady booked us a room overlooking the back area, not the highway, and asked for the second story. 1) We arrived at 2:15 pm, check-in is 3pm but there was a huge VACANCY sign posted. The woman said to us the check-in is 3pm without actually looking to see if the room was ready. So, we left and came back after 3pm. 2) We go upstairs and the room is overlooking the parking lot and highway. Back downstairs to ask the gentleman to switch us to the (asked for) quiet back area. He muttered about but was able to switch rooms. 3) The light over the little dining table was not working. Front desk person came up to change bulbs but it wasn't the bulb, it's the fixture. Said maintenance would come the next day. Didn't come. Asked front desk and woman muttered about but nothing was fixed. I'm wondering where these other reviews came from.

Room Tip: Definitely face the back and upstairs. It's quiet with nice trees and foliage.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shenapavalley
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for the review. I hope that your next visit meets your standards. We have replaced all hanging lights over the tables to new ceiling mount fixtures as well as added new microwaves and refrigerators in every room.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Tanya provided me and our coaching staff with phenomenal customer service from the time I reserved the 3 rooms, the local information needed to get to our game, and a wonderful personal note to enjoy our stay and the warm welcome back. It's the best service I've ever had at any hotel, ever. Very impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott C
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you and your coaching staff enjoyed your stay and our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have never before experienced such excellent customer service in a small town motel. I went to Murphys with a friend to attend a concert at a winery. I was thinking the little motel would be an affordable place to stay and not much more than that. What a surprise! The staff is so friendly (and yes, there are Oreo cookies in the reception area, which was nice since we had been driving for some time and were ready for a snack!) The room was clean and comfortable. There is a cute little restaurant across the street, so we were able to just walk across to get breakfast. And what I was most impressed with was the wonderful staff. When I got back home, I realized I left an item of clothing behind. I was annoyed with myself, because I have done this before at other hotels and have never been able to retrieve it. However, when I called this place, a woman named Tanya answered, and when I told her what I did, she took my phone number and said she would go look for it and call me back. To my surprise, she called back within the hour and said she found it! She was so nice and so efficient, taking all my information. She also followed up with another call to be sure that I would receive the package. Since everyone we encountered here was so pleasant, I'm thinking that either they provide excellent customer service training for their staff, or someone is very good at finding just the right people for this type of job. We were so pleased with this motel, and it is only a short walk to all of the shops and wine tasting places in town, so we decided to go back in the autumn for a day of wine tasting. What could be more convenient?! No driving involved!! I can't wait to go back and will definitely stay here when I do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Our goal is to provide unforgettable service and I understand that our team gave that to you. We are thank full for your review and hope that you return soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Out on a drive, middle of no-where......and there's Murphy's Inn. Tiny little stop on Route 4, you would miss it unless you were tired and "needed" a place. Sunday thru Thursday nights they can give a discount no one thinks to ask for....... Working in the area? It will get you a discount! Rooms are comfortable and clean. Coffee pot, blow dryer, ironing board/iron, wide screen TV, WiFi, table and chairs and working temp controls are available in the rooms. Pool is private, though a little small.....nice setting.

Room Tip: Pool is closer to office, two story - indoor access only, I did not see an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

So glad you found us and our quiet little town. Hopefully you can make it back when you are not working so you can enjoy all that Murphys has to offer. Also pleased that you noticed our new 40" flat panel TV's.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

On a 10 day motorcycle ride and this place was the lowest price place we stayed so I wasn't expecting much. Turns out it was nicely up to date. The temperature on the motorcycle was 110 degrees and we had been on the bike all day. When we arrived, the room was already cooled down. Normally I wouldn't have thought much about that but the place we stayed the day prior in the same sort of heat did not turn on the air so the room was miserable. Friendly staff that even let use their staff microwave to heat up some food. Large pool area. The only downside was the pool was a little greenish so wasn't maintained well. Great location as it sits on the Main Street with shopping and restaurants a short walk away

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your cooled room and our friendly staff. I would also like to note that since your stay we have added a mini fridge and microwave to all rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Murphys Suites
Gunn House Hotel
Gunn House Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sonora
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage

Been to Murphys Inn Motel? Share your experiences!