All reviews front desk wine tasting in town main street within walking distance stay there again no frills great place to stay nice stay comfortable room stayed nights oreo cookie restaurants and shops gold country donuts bruce downtown
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and were looking forward to wandering around town the next day. We were please to find our room to be clean and very comfortable. The staff was courteous and accommodating. Great breakfast place across the parking lot, the the name escapes me now. We were surprised to see it there since we hadn't noticed it the night before.
I slept soundly that night. There was not one peep in the hallway...no sounds of annoying ice machines etc...a very relaxing night. Great stay! I know where to stay the next time we venture out in that direction.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for the kind words about our rooms and staff. The restaurant across the parking lot is Hillbillies.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed there while exploring the area and when we decided we would like to check out the wine tasting rooms in town this fit the bill. The room was nice - nothing special. We were just passing through and this was good for a reasonable place to stay within walking distance of town. We were one of 2 that were there that night (off season) so all was quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed there on our trip through and around gold country, we just turned up without any reservation and they was helpful at the desk, our stay was just a overnighter but we found the rooms to be large and clean, a little soul-less but the rates was cheap compared to Murphys its self, we was not out for a budget hotel but found it to be very good.
Next time we are in Murphy's we will stay here, highly reccommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting pictures of your stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Murphys Inn numerous times and have always had a positive experience. The staff are friendly, welcoming and professional. I read a few reviews saying the reception was rude, in all the times we've stayed at this hotel we have NEVER experienced that type of treatment. Staff have always been warm and welcoming towards us, even other family members and friends who have stayed here on other occasions.

The room and bathroom are a good size and clean; however, they are not updated. ( I would suggest bringing your own pillow though because I don't find the pillows that comfortable.) For us, the rooms are fine because we are just there to sleep and not spend much time in the room....too much to do in Murphys to be stuck indoors!! We have never dealt with a noise issue either as experienced by other reviewers. The hotel has an outdoor pool that we have used during the summer months. When we have stayed during the summer the pool has always been clean and well maintained. The hotel location is right on Main St. so you can walk to all the shops, restaurants and wineries. For the price, location and hotel cleanliness you can't beat the price in Murphy's, we paid $89/night. Keep in mind, this is an economy hotel, if you want 4 Star, find something else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I came with a group and it was decided to stay at the Murphys Inn Motel, due to the group deal we got. I would give the place a 2.5 star rating if allowed, and would normally round up to 3 stars as the desk people were very friendly and helpful and were the best part of the stay. However, the rooms, while clean are so out dated, and everybody in our group got terrible sleep (bad mattresses &noisy, paper-thin walls). Since the most important thing to me is a clean room and a good night sleep, I have to round my rating down. There were about eight people in our group, and we all joked the first night as pretty much nobody was able to sleep more than 5 hours (I got about 4). We just thought it was a fluke, anxiety or something, but the same thing happened the next night. I was so tired during the departing drive and had to come home Sunday and take a nap.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends