All reviewsfront deskwine tastingin townmain streetwithin walking distancestay there againno frillsgreat place to staynice staycomfortable roomstayed nightsoreo cookierestaurants and shopsgold countrydonutsbrucedowntown
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Clean and helpful staff. Quiet and far enough off the highway but still in the center of everything.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roywasilla
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I have stayed at the Murphys Inn numerous times with my wife and other times with my brother. Each time we have found the accomodations to be great. The rooms as well as the lobby and front desk are very clean. The staff is extremely helpful. My wife and I were there last on our anniversary and the desk staff took care of our dinner reservations at a wonderful place, the Alchemy (great food, live entertainment). For those that complained about no breakfast, Grounds in town serves a great breakfast. As far as dinners, there are several places in town that serve wonderful meals. The price of the rooms can't be beat, especially if you ask for the 15% internet discount.
I almost hate to write a good review as we would like to the Murphys Inn and the town of Murphys our secret.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jocknsnob
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We have stayed here a couple of other times and being that it was a Sunday evening we thought we would not have to pay weekend rates. Not only that no breakfast is offered as there was a cafe next door. It would have been a better deal to go down the street to a B&B. There is not much of a choice in Murphys and probably would have been better to go down to Angels Camp.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank k2iks
bunbun1, Guest Relations Manager at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Murphys Inn Motel has changed policy to include Sunday as a mid-week day and Mid-week prices are the same year round. No increase for peak season as of June 2010. All rates and pricing schedules are subject to change.

Reviewed March 23, 2009

Seriously, are the walls made of paper here? If you are a light sleeper or have a hard time staying asleep, bring your ear plugs! We could hear the neighbors having a normal conversation through the walls. I hate that. Big pet peeve of mine.
Pros: walking distance to everything in Murphys; clean; coffee maker.
Cons: no hotel designated parking (if you're paying $139/night, you really should have parking spaces designated for your guests only, not the entire town); bad pillows (picky, I know).
We were here for Irish Day which is a major event in Murphys. That's why we were cranky when there was no one controlling who parked in the hotel parking lot. We're paying to stay here, we should have a parking spot. For the price we paid for this particular weekend, I would NOT recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank Sue Y
Reviewed October 16, 2008

My husband and I (and another couple) stayed at the Murphys Inn when visiting friends who live in the area. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We had previously stayed in the Murphys Suites which is fine, but seems very unfriendly to me. The Murphys Inn was much cozier, the front desk employee was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, nice bed and soft sheets. And it was very clean. We will probably stay there again on our next visit with our friends.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple