“A must for Murphys”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
San Francisco, California
“A must for Murphys”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Went here a little before headed home and discovered a great little place! The coffee was compatible with most cafes. The blueberry muffin was grand, the white cheddar croissant was delicious and the loaf of sesame seed white cheddar bread (available only on Mondays) was a great treat to bring home.
There is limited seating in doors and out so ordering to go is a fine idea.
The employees work hard and are definitely putting out a good product; be sure to include this place in your itinerary for the town!

Phoenix, AZ
“I Want This Bakery In My Hometown”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We were walking down mainstreet when an delicious aroma floated on the breeze from down the way. It was early in the morning and our stomachs were grumbling. This bakery is small. It is not the elegant type with a cappacino machine and 13 different types of scones. This place was simple. What they did, they did very, very well. The first day I had a croissant with ham and swiss cheese inside and my husband had a plain croissant. Amazing!! We also bought a cream cheese and black berry bear claw, a macaroon, and a ginger molasses cookie to nibble on through out the day. Let's just say they didn't make it that long. The second morning I repeated my ham and cheese croissant and my husband joined me. Our dessert was a cinnamon roll and a peach turnover. Holy Cow!!!! I always try to eat where the locals go when I travel. I saw many locals coming in for their Friday Challah and other goodies. I even saw a mom in a mini van, double park and send a child in to pick up cookies! If you are looking for a chic boulangerie and choose not to go here based on its appearance you will miss out on wonderful baked goods and a hidden gem.

Peoria, AZ
“We Love this Bakery”
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We go out of our way to head for the Aria Bakery every time we are in Northern CA. The home made soups are wonderful. The sandwiches are great on fresh bread and are always different. Amazing desserts also.
Murphys is a wonderful old mining town with lots of unique shops. Most are closed Monday or Tuesday or both.

San Francisco, Ca
“Great Bakery”
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I just returned to SF from a short trip to the Sierras, and this place was one of the highlights! I don't know which was better- the cupcakes, my latte, or the bread we munched on on our drive home!

California
“Yucky Bakery!”
Reviewed October 15, 2008

This bakery is disgusting. We were here a few years ago and it was awesome, we had the best cinnamon rolls ever. It must have new owners now because it's painted a different color and rearranged, but the pastries looked pretty good so we were optimistic. Unfortunately looks were their best feature. The pastries were super dry and pretty bland, which is still better than the hair my friend found in hers, gross!!!! I don't know why they were fairly busy because even the service was rather cold and abrupt. This is a must miss.