“We enjoyed our dinner and breakfast.”

The Pelican Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Muir Beach
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

When staying at the Inn, eating there was not just convenient but very good. Breakfast was a complete English breakfast and very well done.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The beautiful facade and location masks the fact that The Pelican Inn serves VERY sub-par food for the price, does NOT practice polite and poignant service, and is not IN FACT a public house from yesteryear at all.

Typical tourist trap bait and switch. My recommendation would be to have a drink and move on.

1  Thank Adub77
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We wanted to drive Hwy 1 up to Bodega Bay and this was our starting point. Lucky for us we were ready for some lunch. We sat in the terrace area which is covered but has an open feel to it. I enjoyed the ploughman's lunch which is simple food but well prepared. The bread is from the local Zen center and was wonderful. Would definitely like to go back and try dinner some time.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a quick lunch-fish and chips, soup- tasty, pleasant English style environment- great location - pleasant staff- would Stop by again for lunch.

Just bear the Muir woods and Muir beach. On the main road - can't miss it.

They have a small lodge. But have no idea about it

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been a guest at The Pelican Inn repeatedly and always enjoyed the experience - the beautiful location, the ambiance reminding me of an English country pub, the great food. My latest visit was on Jan 25 for Robert Burns night. Once again a wonderful experience, a great meal made even better by a program of poetry, dance and bagpipes and the very convivial atmosphere. I even discovered my new favorite dessert drink: ginger wine. Unfortunately, the evening had an unpleasant and somewhat scary end. My friend had brought her small-sized service dog into the pub room after the official dinner was over and most guests had left. The inn's manager saw the dog and completely overreacted. He could not know the dog was a service dog but instead of politely asking my friend to take the dog outside, he threw her out in a physically menacing way, did not allow her back in to retrieve her purse, gave her and three apparently long-time and local guests who wanted to interfere life-time bans, and was generally very aggressive and rude. I very much hope this was a one-time exception as I really like this place and would like to visit again.