“Great beer n cocktail”

Ranked #33 of 332 Restaurants in Mountain View
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great bat scene and fun place to come with friends. Solo diners can watch game on Tv too. Food sounds inventive but mediocre. The best item is probably the fried chicken strips with trip of sauce. Yummy cocktail.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A superb variety of beers and whiskeys is what this place is about. I can recommend the "flight of dark beers" which lets you sample 4 beers, so you know what to order next. The food selection is a little limited and the division between appetizers and entrees somewhat artificial (one appetizer was two full-sized sausages, you don't want to eat more than that).

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband called this the "google bar" because they did so much focus group before they open to cater to the nearby goggle campus. We had wine & beer cooler plus the appetizer chicken pate. The chicken pâté hit all the right notes: salty, crispy, sour with a slight sweet after taste from the drink. The service was super attentive. Really nice & nothing to complain about. The decor is gorgeous & modern. The people are younger & hip.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been here only once, but it was a good experience. The food was excellent (and being a european, ordering "german" food, I didn't expect much). The atmosphere is "trendy", not what I would call a german beer garden, but I don't think they really want to be authentic German. I think it fit the hip/young environment.
Waitresses were nice, fast and knew the menu well. Overall highly recommended.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars is due to the atmosphere being a bit different from "expected" I guess.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I recently had lunch with family members at Steins. The decor and furniture is pretty basic (we sat at a long table with equally long benches on each side), but the food was very good and the selection of beers is excellent. I had a local brew and a vegetable stew and both were worthy of a high recommendation. My wife had a burger and coffee and was pleased with both. It's a beer garden type setting, so if you're looking for white tablecloth stuff this is probably not the place. For a good and varied general menu and some very good beer, this is a great place.