“Nice stay”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
LasVegas
“Nice stay”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

After reading all of the negative reviews for the County Inn, we were really worried about our stay. We arrived early & was told our room wasn't quite ready. No problem, we knew we were early. The front desk gentleman let me use the restroom to freshen up and we walked downtown, had lunch, walked around then went back to the hotel and our room was ready.

We had requested an upstairs room since a few reviews said that the noise from upstairs walkers was really bad. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel was sold out on our second night and we still didn't hear a thing from any other rooms.

We had two problems during our stay. The first was that the hair dryer didn't work. After calling the front desk, it was replaced about 10 minutes later. The second was that our key card didn't work the second day. We went to the front desk and received new keys, no problem.

The only bad things I could see was that our room didn't have any privacy curtains, only sheers. Fortunately, our room had two large dense trees in front of our window, but I still changed at night in the bathroom. The only other thing was that the shower head is very low. I am short, 5'2" and I still had to bend to get under the shower head.

Perhaps we were lucky, but I really didn't see anything or experience anything that was deserving of all of the bad reviews. The 2 problems we had were dealt with right away and to our satisfaction and the room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 1desertdweller
DaysInnSunnyvale, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2015
Dear 1desertdweller,

While I was delighted that you were pleased with our hotel, comfortable rooms and service, and you found the staff to be quite helpful and attentive, I was sorry to read of your that you were not truly satisfied with our curtains, and shower heads, we will certainly look into improvements in those areas. In the meantime, we sincerely look forward to your next trip to Mountain view and County Inn. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
mo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel is so cute from the outside and on their website. Don't let that fool you. I reserved the room online with a credit card in March for a trip in July. When I got there a little after 2:00 pm (the reservation printout said that check in was at 2 pm), the room wasn't ready. I left and came back at 3 pm. The reservation they had in the computer system didn't match my printout from the online reservation (I booked a 3 night reservation and they only had me down for 2 nights. They did let me stay 3 nights, though (thank goodness). They also had no credit card on file. I was booked my employer on a business credit card (which I don't personally have access to). So, I had to give them my credit card and have my employer call the hotel the next day to get the payment situated. I finally was able to get my key card and go to my room.

When I got to my room, the maid was still in there making up the bed. This is now about an hour and 1/2 past the time that they say is check-ion time. The maid finished up the bed and set the air conditioner so that it would get cool in the room, and then left. I went into the bathroom, and it was really gross. There was a contact lens on the floor. The tub was filthy! When I took a shower, I also realized that the nozzle is marked backwards (the "H" means cold and the "C" means hot). The floor was in need of a shampoo, too.

There were some positives. The bed was very comfortable. There was a flat screen TV on the wall. It also had a small refrigerator in the room There was also a hair dryer (but I wouldn't use it because it smells, it's not very powerful, and it looks like it may have come from the 1960's. There was a pool and a workout room. I did not go in either, so I'm not sure how they are. The pool was actually closed for maintenance when I got there, but it was reopened the next day.

On the 3rd day of my stay, my key card stopped working. I guess that was because my reservation in their system said it was a 2 day stay instead of a 3 day stay. So, I had to go back to the office and get it re-coded for my room. The location was very good for what I needed, which is why I chose this hotel. However, I would not stay there again. It just isn't clean, and I hate to feel dirty. Maybe the front desk clerk should start cleaning the hotel instead of sitting at the customer computer in the hotel office all the time (every time I drove into the hotel parking lot I could see him sitting at that computer).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tnt01

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Alameda, California, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went to this hotel's website on 7/24/14 and made a ressie for one night on 8/2/14. Received email confirmation with a confirmation number. Today, 8/2/14, called to see if they had a handicap room and was informed that I had no reservation. Guys says he can see my name in his database but it says "error" and he says he wanted to call me but didn't have my number. What? Ridiculous. That's what you get for trying to book a cheap hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Allison M
Tallinna, Harjumaa, Estonia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

There was automatic light in the bathroom and corridor which didn't go out for 2-3 minutes. So when I used a toilet at night I had to wait until it goes off, because I couldn't fall asleep.

Too expensive for its amenities.

They booked a deposit on my credit card, which was HIGHER than the cost of all my stay and they didn't free it up after I left, although I specifically asked them to TWICE during my checkout.

When I called back to clarify the situation I was just put on hold and the guy went chatting with someone, although I said I am calling from abroad (which means that's expensive).

This is the worst hotel service I have ever experienced in my life, and I've been in LOTS of hotels.

Room Tip: avoid the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dailyrium
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Sadly enough we had to deal with front desk guy (ATEF OR ATIPH) who has a very unpleasant attitude. That guy just shot this hotel chain in the foot. Firstly, he thought having a bachelor degree makes him higher than everyone. My wife and I are both PHD's and we never bring it up during reservation unless addressed by one of the staff. He all of the sudden brought it up to imply and influence us he is above this part time job. He talks with disrespect and acts as no one is checking after him or he owns the place or something.

He was very rude when we called at night and asked what day we were supposed to check out, just to double check, then surprisingly he responded "You dont know?" with attitude as if it was stupid to ask such question

Dawn time, he was still there, we went jogging and came back to ask about breakfast time, he was sleeping on a couch half of his legs dropped on the floor and answered again in a very rude way and said "The sign is on on the Cabana room" as if we made a huge mistake by asking him or waking him. I can't believe that he gets paid to sleep.

No hospitality where you should expect it and of course, not to mention not even a proper attire since it was a night shift

He seemed lazy and not wanting to work at all. My wife didnt really like his attitude and promised she will post another review on her blog Seattle Bee to make sure no one from Seattle goes there.

I wonder if their management even read this review or would do something about it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mohammad S
Zurich
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I chose to stay here because it is much closer and cheaper than my usual accommodation. I was staying long enough that price was a factor. But I regretted the choice increasingly through my stay.

First the good points: Really easy highway access to the 101 and 85, it's nestled between them. Traffic noise wasn't an issue. It is pretty close, a mile or two, from Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, etc. If you're working at Moffat airfield it would be pretty attractive. It didn't seem even close to booked out so there's lots of parking and you might not have neighbours. The TV was also a good size and worked well. There's a microwave and a fridge in the room, which were useful for snacks.

The not so good points: My room had water leaking into it due to the admittedly unusual rainfall. The walls are made of paper, I could hear almost everything in the room next to me, and the floor above flexed quite a lot, and noisily, when someone walked above me. It was cold and the heating unit was too loud to turn on. The bathroom was clean but in desperate need of refurbishing.. there was little ventilation so the cleaning staff tended to leave the windows open, a security risk and I don't think there was a safe. The WiFi had a lot of problems, so bad it didn't really exist. The wired internet was okay. There's not many food options around. There's one lunch-only restaurant, and one small super market where you can get noodles. And finally, I wanted to walk, but it turned out to be the only option, there's no shuttles or transit around. Downtown MTV is about a kilometre away.

So if you're short on money, or you're working at Moffat, might be okay, but otherwise, think twice.

Room Tip: 216 or 215 should be the quietist.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Douglas A
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I checked into my dirty, smelly, stinky room and couldn't get over it. I decided I would go out and get dinner prior to it getting dark as I felt that the neighborhood was also questionable. I passed a Hampton Inn and immediately stopped to see if they had any rooms available. They did so I checked in there and drove back to the County Inn to get my things and check out. When I went to the front desk to check out and ask for a refund, I was told the manager/owner CK was not available until the next morning to discuss it. I called the number on his card and he told me that it was non-refundable since I didn't give 24 hour notice. In reading other reviews all the way back from 2007, he has apparently been pulling this scheme for years making money off of people who refuse to stay in this dump. I disputed the charge with my credit card and CK even went on to lie to them saying I was a no show. I did make a complaint with our corporate travel agency as well to make sure that none of my fellow co-workers end up at this crappy motel. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the County Inn
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business